Date: 25th September
Weeks out: 7 and a half months
Comp date: April 2017, TBC – ANB or INBA
Last week’s exercise routine:
- Back & Bis + Cardio 20 mins
- Glutes & Quads + Cardio 20 mins
- Bis & Abs + Cardio 20 mins
- Hamstrings & Glutes + Cardio 20 mins
- Shoulder & Tri
At the moment, I try to incorporate 3-4 cardio sessions a week with low intensity (below 130 bpm) cycling/elliptical. As per usual, I would also throw in foam rolling on the days I work on legs & glutes. This routine will probably be my routine plan for the next 4 weeks or so with a variety of supersets & dropsets.
This past week, I’ve been working on predominately supersets with a sole focus on moderate to heavy weights (aiming for some lean muscle growth). Key note to self that I’ve recently picked up is to ensure I have longer rest period between sets (2-5 minutes) for explosive sets.
Supplements I am currently taking:
- AM – Protein Powder + Casein (these are usually added to my morning smoothie)
- AM – Green Vegetables
- Pre workout – GAT /AMP-V
- Post workout – Protein Powder + Casein
- Before bed – Alpha Venus, Cort RX, Vitamin D
Looks like I’m taking a lot of supplements but I actually don’t feel like it is a lot. These are what I am used to and I have been taking most of them for the past 12 months so this is what I am going to continue to do.
I don’t (and won’t) take any fat burners or any illegal supplements. My goal is to comp in 100% natural state. (FYI – I am not sponsored or recommending you to follow what I take. These are purely my documentation for myself.)
- Breakfast: Smoothie (cottage cheese, banana, strawberries, blueberries, chia seed, green vegetable, protein powder + casein)
- Snack: Dried edamame beans (lightly salted)
- Lunch: Brown rice, spinach, kimchi + some form of protein (fish/chicken/beef/egg)
- Snack: Peanut butter, banana & cinnamon on rice crackers
- Dinner: Some form of protein + veges
When it comes to food, I am focusing on eating as much unprocessed, packaged food as possible. Of course, I’m still allowing cheat meals (aka eating out) 2-3 meals per week. My meals are however all macro counted. I’ve been doing this for almost a year now so it hasn’t been too much of a change for me there. It’s more about being well prepared and organised in advance.
Example of one of my cheat meal, you know you are dieting real hard when sushi is your cheat meal. I only ate half of what’s in the pic above, btw.
Always keeping in mind that I have a balance of protein, carbs and fat is key to clean dieting. At the moment I am aiming for 45% P, 35% C & 20% F of a 1,800 calories diet.
Thinking of sticking with this routine for a couple of weeks before I start manipulating my diet.
I’ve only used an app to crop these pic out and not sure why it’s turn my pics grainy.
Please excuse my morning, no make up, just woke up face. There are obviously not much of a big difference at the moment week on week. Apart from back to cleaning up my diet and upping my cardio session for me this past week, I haven’t done anything different much.
Pictures taken above were non-flex and is in my 100% natural state, so I can capture a true representation of my progress.
See you next week!