Worth your money bits:
- Helps soften hands and strengthen nails
- This hand cream redefines the word ‘lightweight’. After trying this hand cream, it makes every other hand cream I have ever tested greasy and heavy. This one literally MELTS into the skin and makes it silky and smooth instantly, uh huh, blew-my-leggings-off amazing.
- None oily emulsion formulated, it is none greasy, none sticky of course.
- Star ingredients: Aloe, Big Black Root, Mulberry, Myrth, Sesame, Shea
- Protect against the drying effects of external factors and minimizes visible signs of aging
- Because of how lightweight it is, you can actually work it and massage around the dry cuticle bits to instantly hydrate them with absolutely no down time in waiting them to dry.
- Worth every single cent of it, this is currently my holy grail hand cream.
- Definitely material cream worthy of the next to the computer spot!
Prefer it to: N/A
Great for: Dry hands or if you live in a tropical country and have trouble finding a truly lightweight and none greasy hand cream that works!
Available on counters
Being pretty new to the whole eye mask-ing concept, I was a little perturbed when it came to trying this out. What if it gets in my eye? What if it stings and my eye blows up (not literally of course, man that would be bad). Will it dry hard and mean I wont be able to open my eyes?
Of course, as with most things, I was just being paranoid. I had no problem whatsoever using this and found that there was no discomfort involved.
Guinot’s Instant Eye Mask is formulated to calm, firm and tighten the skin around the eyes, whilst hydrating and reducing fine lines and shadows. Containing horse chestnut, which strengthens the capillary walls and diffuses redness, as well as vitamin E to hydrate and protect the skin from the effects of free radicals, this eye mask is meant to instantly hydrate the skin around your eye.
It’s pretty simple to use, just apply a thin layer to clean, dry skin. Smooth it over the eye, including the eyelids, and below and around the eye area making sure not to rub it in. Be sure that you’re very gentle when doing anything around the eye area as the skin is very delicate. You don’t want to be rough and tugging at the skin as that’s a surefire way to hasten the onset of wrinkles.
Immediately after application, I felt a cooling sensation, which was of much relief to my eyes after a long day at work. It doesn’t dry hard on the skin, like most face masks, so you’ll have to remind yourself to remove it after about 10-15 minutes. You can simply rinse it with warm water, or use a damp cotton wool pad to remove.
After I washed it off, my eyes felt refreshed and hydrated but I’m still a bit skeptical about any firming and tightening benefits. I imagine that might require more consistent use though.
I think Guinot has provided some competition to the ‘ol sliced cucumbers trick, as their eye mask is a quick and easy way to soothe and perk up puffy, tired eyes.
Available in approved Guinot stockists
What they are famous for:
Watch out for:
Centella Recovery Skin Salve Perfect for sensitive skin
Acai Damage Repairing Serum Renews and improves skin problems
Super Fluid UV Defence SPF 50+ Lightweight and high protection sunscreen suitable for everyday wear
Worth your money bits:
- Smart thinking body wash that mildly cleanses the skin without stripping it dry
- In fact, Dove body wash are notorious for leaving your skin cleansed and moisturised at the same time.
- There are 7 different type of body wash to suit different skin needs, even for sensitive skin
- My favourites: Cucumber & Green Tea Scent Fresh Touch Beauty Body Wash (I blogged about their awesome deodorant), Grapefruit and Lemongrass Energise Beauty Body Wash for mornings and the new Sensitive Beauty Body Wash.
- Comes in a sleek packaging design
- Creamy, lathers well and a little squirt is all it needs
Prefer it to: N/A
Great for: There’s one beauty body wash for everyone’s skin different needs. Le garçon is also a big fan of their Sensitive Beauty Body Wash.
Available in counters now
Worth your money bits:
- Contains Microclear technology, which is proven to boost the delivery of exfoliating salicylic acid deep into the skin’s pores in order to fight breakouts even before they emerge
- In a reseach, Power-clear scrub stopped 78% of acne from surfacing. (this is amazing results!)
- More and more woman sees an increase in breakouts when they are stressed out due to emotional/physical stress.
- Helps to prevent breakouts from surfacing and replenishes skin
- Star ingredients: green tea, cucumber extract, salicylic acid
- Leaves skin soften and looks clearer and healthier
- The wash is really creamy and foams really well, it also leaves the skin feeling minty and clean finish.
- Smells like cucumber!
Prefer it to: The scrub can be a little harsh on sensitive skin. If you skin is prone to redness maybe mix 1 part scrub with 1 part cream wash to balance out the intensity.
Great for: Acne prone skin, oily skin or pores that are prone to clogging
Power-Clear Scrub RRP AUD$14.99
Available on counters now
There’s no need to be heavy handed with this; a little goes a very long way. Probably to China even.
The sleek packaging means it looks very stylish on my dresser and the pump action provides for ease of use. Don’t you love pump action products? Much less hassle for messy types like me, who have a tendency to over pour.
The Illusion Tinted Moisturiser has the added benefit of being formulated with Instalift® which is a natural glycopeptide to visibly lift and tighten the skin, as well as Hyaluronic Filling Spheres which help to minimise the appearance of wrinkles while increasing skins hydration levels. A big tick if you’re the type who likes your skin dewy.
It comes in five shades, all of which are not only specified to skin tone, but also to the undertones in your skin, i.e. if you have peach or yellow undertones, which will make it easier to find one that’s tailored to you.
I have to say, I was very impressed with this tinted moisturiser – it offered more coverage than others I’ve tried, but was still very lightweight on the skin. It’s very moisturising and also great at illuminating skin, without being too shimmery.
Available in MECCA counters now
MAC have just released their new collection – Prêt-à-Papier with the craftiest and cute campaign based around brown paper.
Lipstick, Lipglass, Eye Shadow, Paint Pot, Chromagraphic Pencil, Studio Fix Lash, Impeccable Brow Pencil, Sheertone and Mineralize Blushes, and Nail Lacquer in a seamless spectrum of parchment-to-vellum beiges, with an occasional, clever colour spill, coral among the most au courant.
My picks from this collection:
- Paint pots especially #Coral Crepe AUD$35. It’s one of those multi use product, designed for the lids doesn’t crease, smudge or fade. I also use it on my cheeks and lips, no problems at all and honestly who can go wrong with this lovely coral shade?
- Chromagraphic Pencil #NC15/NW20 AUD$32. I have been searching for the perfect nude eye pencil for the longest time. This is perfect for the waterline to help brighten and open the eye instantly! Doesn’t transfer or disappear on the waterline at all, impressive!