It is no news that Estee Lauder is definitely a beauty company you should always look out for their skincare and makeup products. I for one purchased my first lipstick (it was such a grown up moment!) from Estee Lauder and til this day I could still remember the very moment when I hand over my cash for that tube of lipstick. It was from their Signature Collection in #Apricot Sun and when the lady put it on my lips, the luxurious packaging and the vibrant colour confirmed that I am a red/coral/pink lips kind of girl.
Fast forward many years later, I am still excited over Estee Lauder’s simple, sleek and clean packaging that never fails to ooze the sense of luxurious and having little girls all around the world craving for their gold caps. Be it a lipstick, an eye palette, a jar of cream or an eye cream - they always seem to tick all the right boxes and almost* always deliver what they promises.
In June, I was sent a sample of the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator (RRP AUD$105 (30ml), AUD$150 (50ml)), a serum that:
- Targeting issues from different ethnicities experience with uneven skintone, by fighting redness, blotchiness, discolorations, acne marks, sun spots and dark spots
- The gentle formula is oil free, very lightweight to apply all over face and doesn’t irritate skin and doesn’t clog any pores
- Star ingredients: Triple-Optic Technology, CorrectTone Technology, Glucosamine-DP molecule blend, Vitamin C, Botanical Extracts, Rice Bran Extract, Vitamin E, Licorice, Gentian
- The scent of this serum is refreshingly citrusy and has a lingering floral sweetness
- In just 4 weeks, it promises to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and injects radiance into skin
- Personally, I find this serum very effective in keeping skin matte, well hydrated, visibly smoother and brighter over the course of 4 weeks of using it. Some of my pigmentation issues still persist and these won’t go away without the help of some clinical intense pulse lightening treatments. Overall skin appearance wise, I find my skin much brighter and smoother without makeup on.
- If you’re a big fan of scientific proofs, head over to Nicki’s blog who gave this serum a 10 out of a 10 in terms of effectiveness of the ingredients in this serum. She also mentioned that using a cream rich in niacinamide can improve the appearance of pigmentation, try it if you’re game!
In addition to the serum there is also another new winning product, the Cooling Eye Illuminator (RRP AUD$95). This one is definitely a market first in terms of the “ceramic tip applicator” which is always cooling to touch. This makes it the perfect applicator for eye creams, gone are the days of storing your eye cream in the fridge.
The Cooling Eye Illuminator works to dramatically reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. After just one use, I could clearly see a brighter under eye area and less puffiness. Over a recommended of 8 weeks, you’ll see massive reduction in puffiness and brightened eye area. I am on my week three of the eye illuminator and can already see a brighter undereye area and is loving my morning and night ritual of “smoothing the ceramic tip” under my eye. The refreshing and cooling sensation is perfect for tired and sleepy eyes.
Star ingredients: Pinoxide, Magnolia Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Botanical Extracts, Sea Algae, Caffeine Sucrose
This is how it is recommended to be used. Key word = gentle.
- Gently squeeze tube to release a dot sized amount
- Gently massage ceramic tip under each eye from inner corner to the outer corner
- It is recommended two or more times of massaging the tip under the eye, knowing me I went for the 10-15 times under each eyes which takes less than 1 minute to do both eyes
- Gently pat the remaining residue into the skin until fully absorbed
- Wipe off ceramic tip with tissue after each use
I don’t have obvious puffy eyes to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Cooling Eye Illuminator, why don’t you see it for yourself in this video that was demonstrated by a Hong Kong actress? Ignore the language and fast forward to 2:49 for before & after shots. Otherwise, you can watch her video in full to see how to use the ceramic applicator to it’s full advantage. Definitely won a spot in the ‘miracle product’ basket doesn’t it?
*To be brutally honest, not every single product available in the market delivers what they promises.