It is no secret that I am quite the fan of Barbie Hsu (or better known as Da S in Asia). She is the perfect example of a ‘hardworking’ beauty, meaning she wasn’t born exceptionally pretty but actually worked hard to become where she is today. Something I can relate and aspire to and have always believed that you need hard work to go hand in hand with your beauty regime for it to work. Barbie was the ambassador for Suisse Programme a brand originated from Switzerland founded in 1996 (a relatively new brand). Price wise it ranges average from approximately AUD$40+ to up to AUD$500, so in other words it’s not cheap.
So while Tina was away in TW/MSIA 6 months or so ago I gave her a list. Props to this woman because she came back with the list and then more. Here are the products that I’ve received and I have been trialling them for approximately 4 weeks previously and is back onto it for the past month or so. After all, there’s no better time to soak up brightening/whitening products than Summer.
My initial interest was with the Gigawhite range but to be honest I am quite impressed with both Gigawhite and Hydra Solution that I am keen to trial out the rest as well. Next on my list is definitely going to be Cellular Whitening and the Special Treatment. But for now back to Gigawhite, it is a range derived from plant extracts to inhibit tyrosinase (the production of melanin), therefore there’s a lightening effect on the skin.
Quoting from the pro:
“Seven plants, in combination – provided the most potent and active defense against melanin bio-synthesis and melanin accumulation. Presenting the Seven Wonders of Skincare Whitening : Mallow, Peppermint, Pimula, Lady’s Mantle, Speedwell Herb, Bam Mint and Yarrow. Gigawhite is a complete line of whitening, complexion-unifying and anti-aging skincare products designed to deliver a flawless finish. This high-performance formula combining the Gigawhite complex with the exclusive anti-aging BCC (Biodynamic Cellular Complex), target all the pigmentation spots caused by aging and environmental stress factor.”
Gigawhite Fresh Radiance Serum
- Good for day and night use
- This is one of the new range from Suisse Programme’s Gigawhite Fresh Radiance series (combining Gigawhite ingredients, ginseng, floral extracts, Arbutin and Peptides P3) to not only suppress melanin generation, lighten and prevent pigmentations but it also helps to renew skin and leaving skin with a more even skin tone.
- As this is water based, it feels very light and absorbs into skin faster than you can say “white”.
- Love how all the products comes in pump packaging (hygienic and efficient)
- Great clean finish that leaves my skin well moisturised and glowy radiant, definitely a product that delivers what it promises!
- I use two pumps and quickly rub between palms and gently pat and press all over my face and neck and use this same method for the rest of the products below.
- I only use this at night and I apply additional layer on age spots, pigmentations and acne scaring (good for both day and night use)
- Make sure to take extra effort with sun protection when you use this product to avoid reverse reaction
- For some reason, this particular product reminds me of Lux soaps fragrance (weird I know and I am not a fan of Lux scent)
- Works to moisturiser, protect and whitens skin
- I use this after Fresh Radiance Serum and skip moisturiser altogether as this does a great job in moisturising already
- Each time using this I see an obvious clearer and whiter overall result on my skin – not the bad ‘white cast’ type but the ‘well hydrated and rested’ white and ‘just after a facial cloth mask’ white
- If you’re after a moisturiser that also doubles as a melanin blocking by brightening the skin, try this. It is also great for warmer months when you want something light and quick for application.
Hydra Solution Clear Moisturizer
- This is also very fast absorbing as it is a cream-gel textured water base moisturiser
- Highly recommend this for combination and oily skin (or during Summer)
- Restores pH balance to skin to reactivates skin’s natural hydration mechanism (a process that declines naturally with age)
- Also uses Swiss Pore Diminishing Technology (Alphine flowers), Vitamin C, Apple Serum and Hydro-Intelligent System to prevent premature ageing.
- LOVE this moisturiser, I don’t mind it not having SPF as I always use a separate SPF product on its own and rather have a product dedicated for what it does “intense moisturisation”. My skin feels well hydrated, slightly cooling effect and my skin never feels greasy or oily afterwards. By midday, there’s no signs of oiliness either, big win.
Gigawhite Fresh Radiance Treatment Mask
- Containing SP’s signature whitening Gigawhite complex, Arbutin, Mulberry extract, Artemisia, Elderweiss
- Great if you want to block melanin formation, lighten pigmentation and to improve dull tired skin
- The quality of the mask is thick (much like SKII’s) and you can tell from that the costing of the product is much higher than your generic facial cloth masks
- Skin instantly looks hydrated and plumped but to be honest I didn’t see a great deal in brightening like many other masks do
- In addition, I didn’t think the mask fit well around the jaw/mouth and eye area felt like it was designed for a bigger face and I already do have a big face so I doubt it’ll fit alot of people
- Comes with a tiny bottle of Gigawhite Fresh Radiance Serum for an added boost of whitening post mask
Fun fact: The current SP ambassador is actually Barbie’s newlywed husband’s ex. What a small world.