When Tina was on holiday earlier this year, she mentioned that ZA Total Hydration BB Cream UV SPF 43 PA +++ was the newly launched BB cream in Taiwan (then) and that it seemed quite popular due to the advertising campaigns (yes advertising works!). Needless to say, I jumped on the chance when she offered to get me some goodies from Taiwan. I have to admit, I have an addiction to BB creams because each time I stray from it; I often find myself going back to BB creams and I would kick myself for straying from it the first place all over again.
The formula of BB creams seems to work for my oily/combination/acne prone skin. So how does ZA Total Hydration BB Cream UV SPF 43 PA +++ fair? ZA Total Hydration BB Cream UV SPF 43 PA +++ claims to be a 12-in-1 BB cream but to be honest I think quite a few of the benefits are a repetition!
Conceals Dullness / Conceals Pores / Evens Skintone / Brightens Skin / Perfects Skin for Makeup / Creates Healthy Skin / Moisturises Skin / Makes Skin Smooth & Translucent / Livens up Skin / Non Sticky
ZA packaging is surprisingly small. It is as tall as a Lanolips lip gloss.
Why I love it:
- This ZA BB Cream promises hydration to skin and while I did not feel instant hydration to the skin (meaning moisturiser is still required prior to make up) I did however find this BB cream doesn’t cake or dry on my skin after couple hours of wear.
- While many bloggers mentioned that this BB cream is matte finish, I’d call this semi-matte at best. The finish has a shiny sheen (as you can see in the swatch below) and a little sticky once applied. I would still recommend a light dust of powder around the T-zone if you are prone to oiliness during the day. However after a while the BB cream dries up and has this powdery matte finish. This is also quite unusual for BB creams to have as most of them has a dewy/shiny finish.
- Coverage wise, this is medium and is buildable. It is pretty good at covering up discolouration and evening out skin tone however it doesn’t cover redness as well as I have hoped.
- In term of texture, it is quite creamy and watery to touch so it spreads quite easily on the skin with just fingers application.
- Star ingredients: Amino Mineral Complex, Prism Enhancer, Vitamin B, Sebum-absorbing powder
- Made in Taiwan
Left: Swatched, Right: Fully swatched on the left side of the line, you can see the dewy sheen after initial application and right is without ZA BB cream.
Overall, I recommend this BB cream for those who require sheer-medium coverage and is after a BB cream that is lightweight and moisturising to skin. Also a great one for those who aren’t a fan of typical BB cream and the dewy finish.
RRP AUD$9.60 (NT$290)
Available only in Asian countries and online