July 2, 2012, ponikuta, Archived in Pet Peeves
It’s been a long time coming for this post to finally be written. People often find it amusing when they find out that I have a blog and 10 out of 10 times the stupid questions that follows is often unbearable and I always end up finding myself explaining why. Here are some of the classics that I shall stamp this post URL to the next person’s forehead when they ask me these questions.
- So how many uniques do you have? Often in front of a whole table, strangers, people who I couldn’t care less. Awkward would be an understatement. You don’t find me asking “Oh, so you’re an accountant, how much do you make? do I. Uniques to a blogger is the same as pay to a normal person. You just don’t ask the person you’ve just met that question. EVER.
- So why don’t you go full time? Hello, we are in Australia – an island here. Take a step back and stop comparing the success models in USA/UK etc, it can never be replicated in terms of numbers (hits), business budget and hell we’re often seasons behind the rest of the world. Especially in the field of beauty blogging, put simply it is just too niche of a market.
- So why don’t you sell your blog? Insert deadpan face, it’s a blog not a website. Besides do you know what is the definition of a blog?
- So why don’t you sell your beauty products? Oh, the times I am tempted to say why don’t you sell your used underwear?
- How do you manage to blog? Refrain from rolling eyes, I will myself in front of the computer and type on the keyboard. Doh!
- I should start a blog too and get sent free products, hmn.. what should I blog about? Here’s one for you, blog about your ignorance, I am sure people would very much enjoy reading all about it.
- You must enjoy all the free stuff. NO! Nothing comes freely, it is an unspoken agreement to provide some sort of feedback to the brand whether if I enjoy the product or not or if I am going to consider blogging about it or not. It is a business to brand and everything should be treated professionally.
Are you a blogger?
Do you encounter these annoying questions too?