Ah, the joy of packing and not so fun unpacking of travelling. Throughout the years, you learn your lessons with what to bring and what to refrain from bringing. For me, I try to bring minimal make up products as I know it is “my routine” to stock up make up products when I travel be it in duty free or boutique shops overseas. Another reason why I choose to under pack make up products is that they are less likely to wreck my skin as compare to using wrong skincare products.
Here are some of the skincare products I always bring with me on my overseas travel. Some are pretty self-explanatory and some I’ll explain more.
- Facial cloth masks, many of them. – SKII, Beautymate, My Beauty Diary are my top picks.
- Cream Cleanser – One that isn’t too harsh and strip my skin from its natural moisture and won’t provoke my skin to breakout. I love Trilogy Cream Cleanser (AUD $36.95) depot into travelling cases of course.
- Something that is soothing – I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, pillows, etc. Hence I always need something to help soothe my cranky travelling mood. Molton Brown Cedrus Temple Soother (AUD $40) is not only good for travelling in flight but also a gem to keep next to the bed to help relax and promote good quality sleep. Best of all it’s not oil based so it’s not oily/messy.
- Gel eye cream – There are not many eye cream in the market that is light, effective, inexpensive and is good to reapply without delivering milia. Uriage Eye Contour Care (AUD $39.95) is one of them that keeps dehydrated fine lines under my eyes at bay and yet it’s so lightweight to constantly reapply.
- Eye drops – This is a must, remember how I used to blog about eye drops is great to refresh and rehydrate eyes but they are also AWESOME to help flush out left over eye makeup post eye makeup removal. When travelling something like Refresh Plus Eyedrops (AUD$ 15.70) is perfect for individual use and throw away without opening a new bottle and having to worry expiry date.
- Sunscreen – One can never have too many sunscreens but make sure you open one finish it and move onto another. Otherwise if you keep used sunscreen for too long you’ll have to bin them. Always opt for moisturising, high UVA/UVB protection, non comedogenic and lightweight. One that isn’t sticky or messy even in humid weather is Neutrogena Healthy Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 30+. Perfect as it doubles as a primer too.
- Moisturising spritz – Loving Caudalie Beauty Elixir and Uriage Thermal Water Spray (AUD$10.95). Best invention ever, I can’t never get enough of spritz that actually delivers moisture without wrecking my makeup of the day.
- Shampoo & Conditioner – I am obsessed with Rahua Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner (AUD $40 each). Smells heavenly, soothes my dry hair extensions and the finish is just amazing. One of those hair products that you can see results after blow dry. HG status for me. You will need this especially if you’re going on a beach vacation.
- Oil based make up remover - I love them in balm/gel based. Qsilica Remove Makeup & Grime Cleansing Gel fits perfectly for the bill.
Some other make up products I drag with me are of course:
- Eyelash curler – Can’t live without one. Shu Uemura, Utowa, Koji are my top picks.
- Tweezer – From Tweezerman of course.
- Scissors – A must to open product samples, to snip off purchased tags, trip your brows, the use of a scissors whilst travelling is endless.
- Contact lenses – For cosmetic reasons, once you pop them on you’ll realise the job for eye makeup is half done. They are awesome like that. Currently loving Rainbow Color contact lenses, they are natural and very comfortable.