Recently, Bobbi Brown released their latest limited edition collection – the Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight collection featuring a lot of nudes, metallic with a slight hint of shimmer. One of the highlight of the collection was the Desert Twilight Eye Palette, which I will review in a separate post. Today, I’m going to talk about the Bobbi Brown Bronzer/Blush Duo.
Why I love it:
- Because its limited edition, makes everything more desirable!
- Convenience of having both blush and bronzer in one compact palette; great for touch ups and traveling to minimise lugging too much around.
- This duo houses #Bahama Brown (shimmer blush) & #Pink Peony (illuminating bronzer) both of which is not available in their existing collection. I did find the naming for both shades should be opposite because it makes more sense that way.
- I really love the blush shade, its a light pink shade with a hint of coral. Personally I love a pop of colour on my cheeks and this is considered quite sheer in my books, I had to go through at least twice. The good thing is that the blush texture is quite fine and the colour is sheer so I could go heavy on this without looking like having too much sheen on my cheeks.
- As for the bronzer, I thought it looked good the way it is without mixing with the blush. It is quite pigmented (for my fair skin) so I had to go easy on this and couldn’t swipe this all over my face. Instead I use this to contour my cheekbones on days I skip blush application.
What I didn’t like:
- Both shades has a hint of shimmer in it, so you have to make sure the application is calculated to avoid a whole mess of shimmer/sheen on the face. While I have no issues with blushes to have a hint of shimmer but for bronzers; I much prefer a formula with no shimmer so I can use it for contouring and to counter balance the shimmer in the blush.
I call it the curse of oily skin, there is such a thing too much oil/sheen/shimmer can be bad for your skin.
Available on Bobbi Brown counters 9th September onwards