If there is a skin god that I worship it has to be Dr.Leslie Baumann. For years, I have been buying her books, reading her articles and her blog posts about skin. If anything, she has influenced me to take better care of my skin and reminded me to stay away from gimmicks and work with what your skin tolerates. All her tips and product recommendations are always based on factual research and comes highly recommended. I also love how her product recommendations aren’t bias.
In one of her most recent blog post, she shared her 10 must have skin care products as a general guidelines that all skincare regimens should follow. You can read her full post here. As a passionate individual re skincare, I thought I should share my version here too.
1. Cleanser. When it comes to cleanser, double cleansing is my daily must. One can never go wrong with Shu Uemura and Dermalogica for cleansing oil and for cleansers I mostly go with what my skin needs – cream based for dryer months and gel form during warmer months. Also, not to forget the cult favourite Bioderma for all the in between quick cleanse.
2. Retinoids. Admittedly, I haven’t dabbed into the retinoids department as yet and was hoping I don’t need to until next year when I hit my big 3-0s.
3. Targeted treatment for mornings. My day consist of mostly spent in climate controlled indoors. So my main focus is mostly brightening and hydration. My top picks for hydrating products are Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster and Dr.Lewinn’s S8 Super Hydrator. As for brightening anything from SK-II, Chanel, Medik8 and Kerstin Florian always works for me. These usually comes in the form of lotions, serums and moisturisers.
4. Targeted treatment for nightime. Night time is for beauty sleep but also for prime time for skin to regenerate. I often opt for repairing treatments or with a combination of brightening treatments. I love a rich and regenerating moisturiser at night from the likes of Kerstin Florian, SKII, La Mer or Estee Lauder. As for serums I often stick with my day time serums and/or the occasional intense Vitamin C treatments that last for 6 – 8 weeks.
5. Good everyday sunscreen. When it comes to sunscreen I really love the likes from Biore (Asian version). I get them in bulk whenever I travel and I buy up big. Most of them works really well for me and I have no complaints, just make sure you use half a teaspoon worth and rub all the way to neck, décolletage and back of hands.
6. Good sunscreen for prolonged exposure. Anything from Dermalogica, Banana Boat and Cancer Council works for me.
7. Antioxidant. Most of my serums are high in antioxidant. In my opinion, antioxidant and sunscreens are the two things that more is always better. I rely on brands like SKII, Chanel, Dermalogica, Medik8 heavily for my antioxidant fix.
8. Bath oil. Not a fan of baths as most of the time I simply don’t have the time to (hello water bill!). Having said that, I do use bath oils for my shower especially the ones from L’Occitane.
9. Body lotion. I have to admit when it comes to the body department my theory is that anything goes. I have been fond of the likes of The Body Shop and L’Occitane body products. Occasionally I opt for body oil and most of the time I use unfinished lotions, potions, serums and moisturisers all over my body and feet to finish them.
10. Hand/cuticle cream. I love the ones from Sally Hansen, OPI, Clarins and L’Occitane for daily, frequent wear. For a more intense version, I go for Lanolips or Nuxe.
So there you have it my Top 10 must have prodz in my skincare routine. Would love to hear what are your routines?