Date: 9th October 2016
Weight: 52.8kg [ time of the month, water retention weight is of expected]
Weeks out: 6 months 3 weeks
Comp date: April 2017, TBC – ANB or INBA
Last week’s exercise routine:
- Shoulders, abs + 30 mins cardio
- Quads, glutes, abs
- Bis, tris + 30 mins cardio
- Hamstrings, glutes, abs
Pretty sure I have hit an all time low – in terms of motivation and energy to physically get myself into the gym. Especially when I had to commit to the cardio sessions. I have also noticed that I tend to lack energy, motivation and discipline the week before period, damn those hormones.
Train yo calves!
Having said that though, I still try my best to stick to a minimum of four gym sessions a week and to convince myself that a shitty gym session is better than no gym sesh at all.
Sometimes I find motivation in the form of fitness athletes on YouTube videos and instagram videos to get inspiration to trial out new workouts to spice things up.
Back & hamstring muscles, where you at?
Overall, I feel softer and fuller this week; no thanks it being time of the month (Day 2 when this was taken), having said that I am glad that I’ve squeezed in the minimum four gym sessions this week.
Can you tell I’m working on the posing? All I can say is that I’m no natural when it comes to pose down.
Changes this week:
- I discovered Alpine Bread that is high in protein (YAS!) & a butter alternative – Nuttelex. Such a great combo for pre-workout snack and I’ve had it with a layer of peanut butter too. So, so good!
- Train smart not hard – I am currently limiting my weight lifting sessions to a maximum of an hour for one body part at a time.
- Listening to my body. If I have a craving bad and I know I’ve worked hard for it, I don’t deprive myself from it. If I needed a nap, I take a nap. I always pay attention and document my body needs to ensure I am not overworking myself.
Some of my cheat meals this week:
D.O.C. Albert Park
Higher Ground, CBD
See you next week!