Date: 16th October 2016
Weight: 53.3kg (Highest I have been in the last 16 months!)
Weeks out: 6 months 2 weeks
Comp date: April 2017, TBC – ANB or INBA
Last week’s exercise routine:
- Shoulders – heavy day
- Back, bis, abs, 20 mins cardio
I did a grand total of two workout sessions this week. Not only have my motivation and energy level dropped to an all time low; I’ve been a little caught up with work and life. I’m still determined to power through and make sure this is not a regular recurrence.
Haven’t train legs this week due to my heavy leg day last Sunday! The soreness in my hamstrings, lower back, glutes and (at one point) shins lasted for a good 6 days. I am also listening to my body and train only when it is fit for it. I was legit crawling for an entire week with those sore hamstrings.
Lifting wise, I am back on the pre-workout bandwagon but mostly taking half of what is recommended to take. Additionally, I am also lifting heavier than before. I am guessing this has to be contributed by my current bulking diet.
Bulking = softer, fuller muscles. I am gaining significant CMs on my quads, glutes and arms. Abs are almost non existent at this stage.
Back – nothing much to update here aside from bulking season = zero definitions.
Side profile – at least one thing is popping up more, hamstrings! Makes all the heavy lifting and painful DOMs worth it I guess!
I eat a fair bit of natto (fermented soy bean), wasabi (in oil, rice toppers aka furikake and seaweed in my daily meal prep. I love the taste and they adds flavour to my otherwise pretty plain and dull meals.
Here I mixed some sesame dressing with hot water and wasabi oil as my spinach udon noodles. So good!
Most days, my dinner look like this. Brown rice, fish, vege and egg + egg whites. Topped with wasabi furikake of course!
My cheat meals – I take pictures of them to document what I’ve eaten this week that was naughty. Well, try to take pictures of all of them anyways. Sushi is no doubt my number one weakness.
Changes this week:
- Tried out this new pre workout (brand name: EXTREME) and it gave me such an intense focused session. I think I might get onto that once my current pre workout runs out.
- I can barely fit into most of my cotton leggings as quite a few of them are too tight around the thigh and glutes area; but too loose around the waist area. That squat booty lyfe though!
- Been consuming quite a bit of carbs – (brown rice, gluten free egg pasta, protein bread) and I am focusing on good quality carbs as much as I can.
- Surprise, surprise, I actually don’t have much of a cravings this week. I don’t crave for bad food, epic cheat meals and also find that my appetite have dropped quite a fair bit lately. Wonder if it’s just hormonal or if it’s because I haven’t been at the gym as much this week.
- Oh and my gym membership expired today, gotta get it renewed tomorrow!
See you next week!