Date: 20th November 2016
Weeks out: 25 weeks out
Comp date: 7th May 2017, Sunday @ INBA VIC
Let’s start this week’s chapter with a quote I’ve came across recently. It is so simple yet the flow from beliefs to destiny is so true. If you want change, you need to grasp onto a firm belief that it WILL change, no matter what obstacles come your way.
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Oct 2015 vs Oct 2016 – Progress probably could be better if I stop loving food so much! 🙂
Last week’s exercise routine:
- Shoulders, cardio
- Quads, hamstrings, glutes, cardio
- Abs, glutes, cardio
- Back, Bis, tris, cardio
Managed to hit all my sessions relatively heavy this week and ended all my session with cardio. Maximising my current luteal phase to work on lower-intensity cardio and moderate to heavy strength work at the gym. I’m also trying my best to avoid high carb food to avoid crash in serotonin, nauseating, fatigue and exhaustion. These are all common signs when one is going through luteal cycle.
Front – Tried to pose with my arms differently, to keep track of my biceps growth too.
Back – Waiting for my back muscles to lean out….
Side – Shoulders has been leaning out and I can see more of a definition here.
Changes this week:
- This week I went and got a body composition scan update at my local Evelyn Faye supplement store. The last time I did such a scan was back in March 2016 at Arnold’s classic. So it was interesting to track how I’ve gone for 8 solid months of training in between. Overall, whilst my body fat has increased but so has my lean mass index. Glad to see that my arms, legs gains has been symmetrical too.
- I picked up quite a few tips from a seasoned bodybuilder earlier this week. He mentioned about how it takes 4 days for any food to show in our abs. So if I had cheated with a meal on Tuesday, it’ll show on my belly come Saturday. All I can say is, I will never have good abs on Wednesdays as my dedicated cheat meal day is Saturday. LOL
- With the increase of cardio exercises, hot weather days in Melbourne and lack of sleep (pretty much surviving on 5-6 hrs per day all of last week); I have been breaking out more than usual and is also slightly dehydrated. I’ve been getting peely lips and flaky nose. It goes to show, sleep is super important especially once you’ve past the 30 mark, it definitely takes time to bounce back.
- Today, I saw a 7 months pregnant woman working out hard at the gym. She went at it with the treadmill, TRX, stretches and leg machines! The image of her working out reminded me of how there shouldn’t be ANY EXCUSES to not to make it to the gym and work for my goals.
- For some glitchy reason, I lost my Spotify account. As a result, I’ve lost all my workout playlist/tunes. At the moment, I am listening to MarLo, Will Sparks and Eminem on repeat and random whilst working out. Insert sad face.
- My meals hasn’t changed much since I’ve first documented them. Just slowly reducing fruits one variety at a time and having leaner/cleaner protein – chicken breast instead of thigh, white fish instead of salmon, etc. Cheat meal galore below.
Read all about my weekly progress here: