Ah, the joy of packing and not so fun unpacking of travelling. Throughout the years, you learn your lessons with what to bring and what to refrain from bringing. For me, I try to bring minimal make up products as I know it is “my routine” to stock up make up products when I travel be it in duty free or boutique shops overseas. Another reason why I choose to under pack make up products is that they are less likely to wreck my skin as compare to using wrong skincare products.
Here are some of the skincare products I always bring with me on my overseas travel. Some are pretty self-explanatory and some I’ll explain more.
- Facial cloth masks, many of them. – SKII, Beautymate, My Beauty Diary are my top picks.
- Cream Cleanser – One that isn’t too harsh and strip my skin from its natural moisture and won’t provoke my skin to breakout. I love Trilogy Cream Cleanser (AUD $36.95) depot into travelling cases of course.
- Something that is soothing – I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, pillows, etc. Hence I always need something to help soothe my cranky travelling mood. Molton Brown Cedrus Temple Soother (AUD $40) is not only good for travelling in flight but also a gem to keep next to the bed to help relax and promote good quality sleep. Best of all it’s not oil based so it’s not oily/messy.
- Gel eye cream – There are not many eye cream in the market that is light, effective, inexpensive and is good to reapply without delivering milia. Uriage Eye Contour Care (AUD $39.95) is one of them that keeps dehydrated fine lines under my eyes at bay and yet it’s so lightweight to constantly reapply.
- Eye drops – This is a must, remember how I used to blog about eye drops is great to refresh and rehydrate eyes but they are also AWESOME to help flush out left over eye makeup post eye makeup removal. When travelling something like Refresh Plus Eyedrops (AUD$ 15.70) is perfect for individual use and throw away without opening a new bottle and having to worry expiry date.
- Sunscreen – One can never have too many sunscreens but make sure you open one finish it and move onto another. Otherwise if you keep used sunscreen for too long you’ll have to bin them. Always opt for moisturising, high UVA/UVB protection, non comedogenic and lightweight. One that isn’t sticky or messy even in humid weather is Neutrogena Healthy Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 30+. Perfect as it doubles as a primer too.
- Moisturising spritz – Loving Caudalie Beauty Elixir and Uriage Thermal Water Spray (AUD$10.95). Best invention ever, I can’t never get enough of spritz that actually delivers moisture without wrecking my makeup of the day.
- Shampoo & Conditioner – I am obsessed with Rahua Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner (AUD $40 each). Smells heavenly, soothes my dry hair extensions and the finish is just amazing. One of those hair products that you can see results after blow dry. HG status for me. You will need this especially if you’re going on a beach vacation.
- Oil based make up remover - I love them in balm/gel based. Qsilica Remove Makeup & Grime Cleansing Gel fits perfectly for the bill.
Some other make up products I drag with me are of course:
- Eyelash curler – Can’t live without one. Shu Uemura, Utowa, Koji are my top picks.
- Tweezer – From Tweezerman of course.
- Scissors – A must to open product samples, to snip off purchased tags, trip your brows, the use of a scissors whilst travelling is endless.
- Contact lenses – For cosmetic reasons, once you pop them on you’ll realise the job for eye makeup is half done. They are awesome like that. Currently loving Rainbow Color contact lenses, they are natural and very comfortable.
One of the reason why I hate travelling is because I get motion sickness VERY EASILY. I get them from anything that moves including car, bus, train, planes, boats, ferries you name it. As a result I either suck on a lolly or chewy for mild cases and for long distance travelling, I will need to bring in the big guns.
Whilst I was travelling recently, I brought along Molton Brown Cedrus Temple Soother (RRP AUD$40) which is awesome for jetlag, during car journeys, before/after flight and definitely before bed. Basically great for stressful times and helps with a light head.
Then there’s the INDAH Raw Healing Perfume Balm (RRP AUD$25). This my friend is a whole new level of healing balm. From the scent – we’re talking about a strong overpowering scent that can knock any dizziness out of anyone. Great for stinky metro rides, during long distance flights to vomit inducing ferry rides.
Both products are to be used and massaged onto temple points and inner wrist. I also tend to apply some under the nose for the longlasting soothing scent kick. Trial and tested, I highly recommend both products for those who have travel/motion sickness. Even if you are not planning to travel any time soon, these are still great for those with a stressful lifestyle or one who simply want to relax and unwind.
#1 Remington Salon Pro Keratin Therapy Tong – Perfect timeless wavey curls each and every time with this tong.
#2 Garnier Hand Intensive 7 Days Protecting Hand Cream – Effective and value for money with the amount you get.
#3 Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod - Refreshing and great for time of the month to de-bloat.
#5 Bioderma Crealine H20 – They don’t call this the miracle cleansing water for nothing. Great for even the most sensitive skin.
#6 Sisley Phyto Blanc Intensive Lightening Serum – Haven’t seen such great results from a brightening serum in a loooong while.
#7 Tom Ford Nail Lacquer Spring 2012 – Designer luxe + beauty = cult must haves!
Notable mention, I LOVE Clara H Nails from Tsumiki Design.
Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod is one of Molton Brown‘s core Bath & Shower range that falls into one of their six fragrance families:
Available on counters now
Stockist 02 9267 5110
Made and inspired by London, these hand wash + hand lotion combo is Molton Brown’s first ever anti-bacterial fine liquid hand wash. Fermented with rok-radish root, basil, blackcurrant, shea butter and mint, this deeply fragrance set reminds me of the woody scent of old school facial spa salon.
Guarantees deep, scrupulous clean feel to the hands without stripping of hand’s natural oil. The hand lotion also helps to keep hands soft and velvety. The sleek plastic pump bottles are so convenient and sleek. Perfect for your home or as a gift, this set is truly a luxurious pampering treat.
RRP AUD$39 (300ml each)
Available in Molton Brown Store and David Jones
- Light textured white cream
- Provides anti-aging protection for the feet
- Star ingredients: Japanese pagoda tree bud, Mexican candelilla wax, Cellulose
- When I first massaged the cream into my feet I can literally see dead skin came off my feet. Ew, but how awesome it is? Apparently the cellulose in the foot cream helps to peel dead skin off the feet.
- You can almost skip the foot scrub with its hardcore peeling benefits
- As a result, hydrated, baby soft and smooth feet
The Bad Bits:
- Might smell a little strong for some
This is definitely the best foot cream I have tried so far. Worth every single penny and it keeps my feet in top tip condition so far. No complaints about it! Run to your nearest DJ and grab one already.