From the Tom Ford Holiday 2012 collection, Tom Ford released four limited edition lipsticks and two of them are #Slander and #Diabolique which I will be reviewing today. Tom Ford lippies is definitely right up there with my all time favourites Chanel and Estee Lauder. If you have to purchase one product from the entire Tom Ford make up collection, may I suggest you to go check out their lipsticks. I promise you won’t be disappointed with what they have to offer.
Top: #Slander Bottom: #Diabolique
One was photographed right next to a window with natural light and one indoors.
Surprisingly, both swatches appear to be quite similar to each another but in real life, #slander is more of a brighter shade with a pink red finish where else #diabolique is darker with a deep cheery red finish. I have also noticed that #slander has more shine as compare to #diabolique’s matte finish.
Both shades are really pigmented and easy to apply. Texture wise they are creamy and while both lippies finishes matte but it doesn’t feel dry on lips or drying to the lips after hours of wear. With extra care while drinking or sipping drinks, these lasted through to after lunch and I only needed a quick touch up.
Beauty tip: Reason why these lipsticks are worth their moolah is because they are infused with rare and exotic ingredients to create the super creamy texture to ensure application are smooth + hydrating to the lips.
RRP AUD$60 each
Available on Tom Ford counters now
VS Sassoon Ombre Dryer Pack
Evidently, the ombre trend is still going strong, this lightweight pink to purple ombre hair dryer pack is the prettiest hairdryer around. Powdered with 2000 watt and packed with ionic conditioning technology to deliver shiny and frizz free results.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Stick SPF 50+ (Left) RRP AUD$21.95
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluid Extreme SPF 50+ (Right) RRP AUD$25.95
Whilst summer is over, it is still important to ensure sun protection is a crucial step in our daily skincare step and sun protection shouldn’t stop where our face stops. Be sure to massage it well onto the décolletage area and any area that will be exposed to sun. Anthelios XL Extreme Fluid (lightweight watery texture) is one of my personal favourite and it provides broad spectrum protection and is suitable for even the most sensitive skin.
KMS Hair Play Messing Creme
KMS Hair Play Playable Texture
RRP AUD$33.95 each
A quick and easy way to create “I’ve not spent time styling my hair and I look like this rolled out of bed gorgeous hair” day by scrunching some of the messing creme to the bottom bits of hair and tie into a bun and blast some hot air to it. Go forth and put on make up and once make up is done, release hair for a messy, natural and textured hair finish minus the heat damage.
Guinot Hydraclean Deep Cleansing Treatment
Call 1300 300 954 for stockist
For under $50, you can now have an affordable salon treatment that focuses to deeply cleanse skin to rid of any congestion without bringing forth those annoying breakouts. This 30 minutes focuses to deliver clear and radiant skin and its proven that 93% decrease of the number of sebum spots on the skin after just one treatment. The Thermoclean eletrode heats up to 42c to stimulate a deep cleanse; it feels warm and comfortable on skin and the massage motion promotes drainage and jump starts cellular circulation.
Suitable as a once a month treatment or twice a month for oily skin types.
L’Occitane Cerisier Aux Papillons
Spring Cherry Eau de Toilette RRP AUD$50
Spring Cherry Velvet Moisturising gel RRP AUD$39
Love floral, bright, fresh notes? You can’t go past L’Occitane’s limited edition Spring Cherry collection. Think fresh vibrant notes of mandarin oranges, blackcurrant, hearty notes of cherry blossom, magnolia and freesia and base notes of woody, musky and irises. Check out their perfume, body wash, hand cream to moisturising gel, all splurge worthy products.
Circa Home – 1973 Rockmelon 165g Perfect Spaces Candle
Believe it or not we went from high 30s celsius degree scorching hot weather to 14 degrees days to wake up to. Melbourne never fails to deliver weathers that is so unpredictable. I have started whipping out candles and Circa Home’s latest soy candle – 1973 Rockmelon is the perfect fruity transition from hot to cooler months.
L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser x3 Anti Ageing Power Moisturiser
This multi-award winning cream is already making headlines internationally before it arrived our shores. Designed and targeted for women mid 30s onwards, this luxurious cream has a rich texture and a pleasant fragrance. Since I am not in the targeted demographic, I can’t vouch for its results but if you’re in the market looking for something to provide intense hydration + unifying skin to an even finish.
More cute beauty products from Taipei, I can’t wait to go back to shop & eat all day! I found these Tony Moly Petit Bunny Gloss Bars (I believe these are from Korea) at 86 shop. I have to admit these adorable packaging caught my eye in a shop FULL of amazing Asian beauty products. How can you resist such cute bunny gloss bars?
There are a total of 6 shades to choose from. These gloss bars are super moisturising and quite sheer on lips. I got #05 – Peach (top) and #03 – Apple (bottom) to trial since they were so affordable. True to their name, #03 does smell like apples and #05 is sweet like peaches.
Left swatch: #03 | Right swatch: #05
As you can see, the shine that reflects in the above swatch picture shows how glossy and moisturising these bars are. I quite like #03 as it shows a rosy sheen on my lips while the #05 appears to be quite invisible on my lips. I love using these throughout the day to touch up on because these are easy to reapply and is extremely low maintenance. Best of all, it keeps my lips moisturise throughout the day!
Approximately RRP AUD$5 each
Available in 86 shop in Taipei or $12 from Yes Style
Say hello to Maybelline’s latest NY Color Show nail polish collection, all 29 bottles (25 new shades + 4 limited edition crackle colours) of it in various shades and hues that you’ll ever need. These affordable nail polishes are only retailing at AUD$5.95 each and comes in easy to apply brushes. Let’s get into the colour swatches, shall we?
Top to bottom swatches: #200 Pink Shock, #310 Iced Green, #170 Pinkalicious, #160 Chiffon Chic
Top to bottom swatches: #180 Crushed Candy, #220 Orange Pix, #250 Keep Up the Flame, #190 Coral Crush
Left to right swatches: #380 Porcelain Party, #150 Born With It, #320 Green with Envy, #230 Fierce N Tangy
Left to right swatches: #260 Paint The Town, #40 Magenta Mirage, #300 Fuchsia Fever, #290 Purple Icon
Top to bottom swatches: #390 Audacious Asphalt, #50 Silver Stunner, #410 Impeccable Greys, #400 Pedal to the Metal
Left to right swatch: #350 Blue Freeze, #30 Purple Possibilities, #280 Plum Paradise, #360 Sapphire Siren
Top to bottom swatches: #60 Carbon Frost, #430 Onyx Rush, #240 Twilight Rays, #420 Wine & Dined
Overall, I find many of these colour are fairly easy to work with and all you need is 1-2 careful applications for a even coat. Longevity wise, these colours can last a good couple of days if you do a proper base and top coat application over.
All Maybelline NY Color Show Nail Colors are now available in supermarkets & pharmacies.
1) SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream - Great to diminish dark eye circles and here’s a tip, I use this on my lips and around my lips for the days when my lips needs a little TLC. Works like magic.
2) La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream - This sits between their lotion and original cream, excellent for skin healing. Ahem, post acne breakouts and ps.
3) Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA+++ – Affordable and great sunscreen ever.
4) Sisley Nutritive Lip Balm - The only lip balm that helped prevent my terrible case of chapped lips over winter.
5) Uriage Bariederm Soothing Repair Barrier Lip Balm - Great lip base for day and also makes a great base for lips swatching.
6) Bioderma Crealine H20 - In 2012, I was introduced to Bioderma’s Crealine H20. My make up removal routine has since changed for the better.
7) Sisley Phyto Blanc Intensive Lightening Serum - This one won my whitening and brightening award of the year.
8) Restylane Skincare Beauty Products Review - Simple, quite affordable and is surprisingly soothing to skin especially great for sensitive skin.
9) Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator - Oil T-zone be gone!
10) Dr. Lewinn’s Reversaderm Range - Once and for all, I can banish congested skin with this amazing skin care trio.
Must read: I also did a post on my all time favourite skin care brands after trialling so many skin care products and brands 8 years of experiment.
1) Dermalogica Age Smart Skinperfect Primer - A silicon primer that doesn’t clog my pores.
2) Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Corrector Pen - Fix it for eye make up, why didn’t I stumble upon this EARLIER?
3) Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush - What more can I say? Hands down, the perfect foundation brush of all time.
4) Estee Lauder Sumptuous Two Tone Eye-Opening Mascara - Finally a mascara that looks after both top and bottom lashes in two tone colours no less.
5) RMK Sprinkling Eyes Eyeshadow Quads in #01 Brown - Flattering and easy to blend eye make up. Love this!
6) Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayons Especially Macaron lip crayon, I was obsessed about it for months.
7) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact SPF 15/PA++ - I swore by this during winter and heck even by travelling.
8) BYS Brow & Eye Pencil - Cheap and awesome brow product.
9) Les Merveilleuses Laduree Pressed Cheek Color in #06 - Despite its expensive price tag, I will definitely get more of these pigmented cheek colours when I come by a counter next.
10) Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense - My all time favourite Clinique make up product. Intense, creamy, easy to blend and great for lining bottom line too.
11) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser - Loved the formula, hated the packaging. I am torn about this.
12) RMK Super Basic Concealer Pact #01 - Waxy concealer that is fabulous for acne spot cover ups.
13) Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow #23 Dark Sable - Classic must have eye shadow shade. Also great to create creases on lids.
14) Chanel Powder Blush in #69 Fleur De Lotus - I’m calling this the universally flattering blush from Chanel EVER.
15) YSL Glossy Stains - I am obsessed with these, especially #15. Gotta have them all!
16) RMK Ingenious Jelly Cheek in #JE-03 Cherry - Who would of thought of jelly and powder can be friends? RMK of course.
1) My First Thermage CPT Experience - Hurts like a b*tch but effective at everything from tightening, lifting, better skin, smaller pores.
2) Facial Enhancement: Cheek Filler, Chin Filler, Lip Filler + Botox by Erase Clinic - I believe in enhancing not changing the way we look.
1) Bosisto’s Lavender Oil - If you have a dog, you will love this. It clears all odours and is safe to use in pet beds/crates/environment. Best of all it also smells soothing to the soul.
2) Dior Vernis #579 Plaza - Barbie pink from Dior, finally!
3) Dior Diorific Vernis - Love them even if it’s just for their cute packaging.
After lusting this for months, the much talked about Chanel CC Cream was finally released in Taiwan. Previously the Chanel CC Cream was only available to purchase in China and South Korea. So when it hit the Taiwanese market, I kinda forced @tinnipoo to buy it for me.
For those of you who are unaware about all the buzz, CC cream is basically an upgraded version of BB cream and I’ve been calling it BB cream 2.0 (yes Tine!). In the past, BB creams (especially the Asian versions) tend to have a white/grey cast finish, feels very thick and requires heaps of blending effort but CC cream is in the market to deliver improved ingredients properties with a lightweight texture and to correct the white/grey finish with a truer skin colour matching.
Package wise, this tube is pretty small, it is roughly the height of a Tom Ford eyeshadow palette and it fits into my palm. I suppose this makes it easy to pack and bring with you on travels.
As for the shade, it only comes in one shade that’s #20 Beige. Those of you who are familiar with Chanel foundations, you’ll find that you can get away if you are a #10 or #20 maybe pushing it a little if you are a #30 and above. I am usually a #20 with some of Chanel’s foundations so I have no issues and this yellow based CC cream matched my skin tone perfectly.
The 5 key things Chanel CC cream promises is to:
1) Provide sun protection – SPF 30 PA+++ with UVA / UVB mineral filter protection.
2) Calms and balances – Cornflower water helps to calm skin and makes this suitable for sensitive skin.
3) Moisturise – Packed with hyaluronic acid to help maintain skin’s hydration level by retaining moisturise in skin.
4) Anti ageing – Contain active ingredient like rejuvencia that is derived from a marine micro-organism to build a prevention shield against external aggressions.
5) Conceals – Designed to cover redness, pigmentations and pores effectively.
Overall, I find this CC cream very lightweight upon application. It leaves skin a glowy finish without feeling overtly oily or greasy. The finish is very fresh and natural like the “your skin but better” finish and the signature Chanel floral scent is present in this CC cream. I guess you will either be one of those that love it or hate scent in your make up product, it doesn’t really bother me and the scent is a rich floral rosey scent not synthetic cheap smelling roses so it’s okay for me.
I use finger application with this CC cream and I find is very easy to blend without much effort at all. Coverage wise, I find it effective in evening out my skin tone and quite good at covering acne scarring / pigmentation. It is ok at mildly concealing redness and quite good at covering up pores. So far I am loving this CC cream it matches my skin tone, smells great, gives my skin the natural, fresh, flawless, dewy finish but is matte to touch!
- End of the day, CC cream is still a make up item. Proper skincare, sunscreen and make up removal routine is required and it shouldn’t replace any skincare steps.
- Between Rachel K and Chanel’s CC cream, I’m loving Chanel’s because it is easier to blend, the shade matches my skin better and the finish is fresher.
NTD $1,880 / Roughly AUD$62.66
As of today I am only aware that this is available in China, Taiwan and South Korea.
Clinique Even Better Skin Care
You can pick and choose from a range of skincare, make up, body care and perfume sets. All will come in a nicely packaged Clinique box.
Daniel Wellington Classic York Lady
Great quality classic piece. The band is made out of genuine leather and if you get sick of it, you can always change the straps to their signature stripey bands. Mine is Rose Gold watch face, it also comes in Silver.
Quote ‘ponikuta‘ for 15% off the entire web shop! Get on it!
L’Occitane Delightful Almond Collection
L’Occitane’s Almond collection is probably my all time favourite body set and I am sure no one will ever say no to this gift set. The milk concentrate body cream is my favourite and it leaves skin smelling sweet like baby powder.
Benefit High Flyin’ Glosses Set
Inspired by their popular retro blushes, Benefit has released matching glosses, how cute are they?
Illamasqua Freak Set
Featuring Illamasqua’s first perfume, Freak comes with a gorgeous purple nail polish and their best selling ‘Sophie’ eye pencil. If I do have a younger sister, I know I will get her this set.
L’Oreal Glam Shine Miss Candy
These make for perfect stocking fillers. Great for KKs and great as a treat for yourself.
Chanel Sublimage La Creme Yeux (Ultimate Regeneration Eye Cream)
USD $200, will update AUD price when I find out
When it comes to Chanel, most people think of their leather goods, tweed jackets and make up products. For years, Chanel has been releasing surprisingly great quality skin care too. It is no secret that I love my Chanel Sublimage collection and they have recently released a new addiction the Ultimate Regeneration Eye Cream. Yes, it is a bit of a splurge but eye area is the first sign of ageing for many including myself.
Results wise, this eye cream surprised me MAJORLY by reducing my under eye dark circles. I think I might have found my perfect eye cream to actually treat under eye darkness.
Vaseline Total Moisture 24hr Nourishing Lotion
RRP AUD$5.41 each (225ml)
Another great option to round up gifting budgets or KK choices. Also great to pamper yourself since Summer is in and we’ll be baring more skin meaning we need to take better care of our skin.
Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss
This is definitely one of the more luxurious lip gloss in the market. As you can see you won’t be disappointed with the shine and the colour pigment. Perfect red lips for the holiday season.
Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick
A great everyday shade for the lipstick lovers.
Weleda Wild Rose Pampering Body Lotion
I am a rose lover and will forever be sucked in with anything rose scented. This is no exception the smooth body lotion lightly scented with rose is a dream to apply onto skin post shower.
Recently, Tom Ford launched their limited edition Fall 2012 beauty collection with contract demure, floral pinks and lavenders with deep, intoxicating shades of black cherry and emerald. Think whimsical and enchanting to daring and hypnotizing.
Today, I will be reviewing some key products from the limited edition Fall collection. Some were sent to me for review and some were purchased by myself. As you can see these colours are not for the faint hearted, they are pigmented, vibrant and stands out!
Tom Ford Cheek Color in Narcissist (RRP AUD$85) – As you can see in the picture this is a vibrant hot pink shade. One that caught my attention the moment I saw this.
This was a light swatch and it appeared very vibrantly pigmented. Word of advice is to use this sparingly and build on the blush slowly, make sure you dab, tap and buff with a cheek brush all over the cheeks. Personally, I swirl (albeit very gently) my brush over the blush and dab onto a piece of tissue before buffing and blending onto the apples of my cheek to prevent colour overload.
Tom Ford Lip color in Aphrodisiac (RRP AUD$65) - Aphrodisiac is without doubt a must-have shade from Tom Ford’s luxe lipstick collection. For one, I always get compliments for wearing this lipsticks and most importantly the colour stays on all day. It’s moisturising and never dried my lips out. A true, classic, winner and well worth the moolah spent.
#Aphrodisiac is a super creamy fuchsia shade with more of a pink/red tone to it. In the press release, this colour is described as a magenta-rose finish.
Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Minx (RRP AUD$45) – A mink brown shade with strings of metallic through the nail polish bottle.
Despite the visible silvery metallic lines in the bottle, they don’t show on the nails. The finish is an even dark brown finish.
Tom Ford Plum Ultra Absolute for Eyes (RRP AUD$45) - This gel formula eye shadow comes in a pot and requires an eye shadow brush for application. The shade in the pot surprisingly doesn’t look like the true ruby-wine colour.
To be honest, I couldn’t use this all over my eyes because it makes me look like I have a bruised eye. That being said, this is a fab shade for line defining and under eye near the waterline for a pop of colour. Alternatively, you can apply this under or over your eye shadow for the extra “grip” and or to intensify the look.
All Tom Ford products are now available in Tom Ford counters
Call 1800 061 326 for stockist