August was a big month and I had a hard time to pin point what were the highlights. So here we are:
1) Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour – IMO, this is better than Coco Shine and I love how unique these colours and the finishes can be.
2) Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA+++ - Discovered this in Malaysia and is from my sunscreen HG brand. I love it.
3) Yankee Candle Botanical Reed Diffuser White Gardenia - I still have this on my desk, super long lasting and love, love, love the scent.
4) Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator - Didn’t think a mattifying product can deliver hydration like this. I am sold!
5) My First Thermage CPT Experience - Best investment one can ever do to their overall appearance – smaller pores, firmer/plump skin and skin heals faster post breakout. God sent!
6) Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Corrector Pen - Perfect for those who have a wonky hand when it comes to applying eye make up.
7) Caudalie Beauty Elixir - Now I know why the Parisian go crazy over this. It’s one of its kind and it deserves the cult status that everyone praises it for.
8) Les Merveilleuses Laduree Rouge #07 - 2 reasons: Pink + it’s from Laduree.
9) Chanel Les Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow #37 Variation - Another Chanel eyeshadow palette worth handing your money over for.
10) Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush - Saved the best for last. My HG foundation brush hands down. Dior apparently came out with something similar I wonder if its just as good.
Read my interview with ricebunny aka Michelle Phan. Beauty Interview: Michelle Phan for Lancome - I know this doesn’t count as product review and I know not everyone is a fan of Michelle Phan but there’s one thing for everyone to learn from this is to never give up hope, your dreams and never stop believing yourself in no matter what you do. This girl is inspirational and is one hell of a lucky duck I’d say.
I am big on home fragrance and am big on candles as well as reed diffusers. So when Yankee Candle released their new Botanical Reed Diffuser; they became my instant favourite.
Reason why I am in love because they look good on any desk, bench, cupboard, anywhere you put them. The flowers don’t look cheap or tacky and is a welcoming addition to any home. They come in amazing scents like Fresh Cut Roses, Garden Sweet Pea, Lemon Lavender, Lilac Blossom, True Rose and White Gardenia. I am reviewing the White Gardenia which is a stunning arrangement of white gardenias in full bloom.
In each Yankee Candle Botanical Reed Diffuser you’ll find a little vase, some artificial flower stems and the amazing fragrance oil. Each of these fragrances last for 3 months and the scent is just beautifully rich just like fresh flowers do. Surprisingly the fragrant is long lasting and I can smell it at all times, I love it. In fact, I love it so much I am hunting down True Rose to keep on my work desk and Lemon Lavender for my bathroom.
Perfect as a gift too as it comes in a lovely gift box!
Available in Yankee Candle Retailer Stores here
More new scented candles from Yankee Candles! Fact, I cannot live through winter without candles. Right now we’re burning up Coastal Waters and Beach Wood (both very appropriate to remind us of summer) at home. These are available from tea lights to full size candle jars. I love the tea lights as they are self-extinguishing and the jars are just as great to be reused once the candle is finished.
Coastal Water - Clean and bracing… the rush of cool ocean spray from the breaking surf clears the mind and refreshes the soul.
Yankee Candle Coastal Water is quite light to the nose with a really fresh and clean crisp sweetness to it. Definitely one to burn during the day.
Beach wood - Seasoned by the elements… this modern blend of vetiver, salt air and driftwood creates an intriguing fragrance.
Yankee Candle Beach Wood is more empowering than Coastal Water with a distinctive woody scent to it. Perfect for evenings.
Both products are available on counters now
Easter is fast approaching, chocolate candles anyone? This is definitely a first for me and it smells eerily like real chocolate. Perfect as a gift or to go with a basket of chocolates. If you burn this candle all through Easter I find that you can actually curb your craving for chocolates because the more you smell it, the more you get over chocolate. How awesome is it? Best remedy for chocolate cravings ever!
Yankee Candle large jar 632g candle is estimated to burn for 110 to 150 hours. Remember to never leave candles unattended.
RRP AUD$49.99 (623 grams)
Available online now
Harajuku Lover – Jingle G
“For the collectors”
A perfect gift for all ladies, how can you resist such a cute packaging? With notes like tangerine, gardenia, white star fruit, jasmine, orange blossom and honeysuckle this perfume is definitely a keeper.
Available at Myer, David Jones, The Perfume Connection, The Perfume Shop and selected pharmacies nationally
Calvin Klein – Forbidden Euphoria
“For the perfume lover”
This modernised seductive fruity (mandarin, raspberry, passionfruit) floriental (peach blossom, pink peony, tiger orchid, jasmine) perfume is the younger interpretation of the iconic euphoria perfume.
Available at DJ and select pharmacies
Estée Lauder- Pleasures Happiness by Jay Strongwater Perfumed Solid
“For the serious players”
This perfume does not come cheap and is definitely one of Estee Lauder’s finest solid which gets released each year. Pleasure Happiness is my personal favourite from the collection.
Available now on Estee Lauder counters
Yankee Candle – Sun & Sand Jar Candle
“For the home”
The perfect tropical beach breeze scent for home. A mixture of orange, lemon, lavender and musk delivers with Yankee Candle’s signature jars.
RRP AUD$19.95 (104g)
L’Occitane – Verbena EDT
“For the curious one “
Filled with Mediterranean verbena with geranium and citrusy lemon and housed in a glass bottle engraved with a verbena leaf.
Available on L’Occitane counter now
Fudge Urban: 3-in-1 Miracle Moisture Stuff
RRP AUD$ 10.99
Defrizz, smooth and condition all in one bottle.
Rich in Argan oil and lightweight formula. Delivers shine and keeps hair soft, definitely a must if you’re big on taming frizz and keeping your hair straight and manageable.
Fudge Urban: De-Gunk Deep Clean Shampoo
RRP AUD$ 9.99 (350ml)
Citrus minty and is very refreshing to the scalp, gentle enough for daily use to keep residue under control with hair refreshed. Le garçon named this ‘best shampoo’ evar!
Yankee Candles – Stress Relief Spa Home Fragrance Oil
You all know how much I love my Yankee Candles products, the Stress Relief Aromatherapy Spa collection is a must have for those who live a very hectic lifestyle. The combination of Shea Butter and Cedarwood is surprisingly calming. The Stress Relief candles starts from as low as $4.95.
The Aromatherapy Co: Foot Gift Set
Comes with a nail brush, foot balm and a foot scrub soap. We always want our feet to look clean and well taken care of when we wear heels but more often than not I’ve seen girls who look absolutely smashing but when it comes to their heels and feet, let’s just say it’s not a very good sight. Don’t forget that when people check out your shoes, they also check out the feet that are wearing them.
For those who need serious TLC, try their foot soak & foot spray. It smells absolutely amazing (tea tree, peppermint + lavender) and prep your feet for the buff and cream, Not to mention they are all under $15, what a bargain!
Why I love it:
- You don’t know this yet but gosh, if you love amazing smelling home/desk, you must explore Yankee Candles.
- They have absolutely every amazing scent you can imagine like cherry blossom, clean cotton, BLUEBERRY SCONE!, candied apple, mango peach salsa, baby powder, almond cookie, beach walk, dune grass, lemon lavender, you get the drill!
- I am a sucker for sweet smelling perfume and candle and Garden Sweet Pea is exactly that. It’s a blend of pear, peach, freesia and rosewood. It is a beautiful scent.
- I keep this candle with lid opened on my desk, who doesn’t love working in a sweet smelling environment?