Why I love them:
- They all have Rodial’s signature Jasmine scent
- Sleek pump bottle packaging that is easy to access for daily use
- Just to put it out there – as with most slimming and firming products, you can’t achieve 100% results by just using the products. It is often recommended to incorporate exercise with the use of firming products for best results
- All products are recommended to use twice a day (as I am a firm believer of using products only after shower so it’s just every evening for me)
Arm Sculpt RRP AUD$79
- Designed to massage in circular motions all over the upper arm areas
- It works to tighten skin and to sculpt it for a refined look
- Uses the powerful combinatoin of multi fruit acids to retexture and smooth the skin while caffeine and coenzyme A sculpt the upper arms
- Recommend to be use twice daily for 4 weeks as an intensive program to see visible results
- My experience: I have been using this daily in the evening right after shower. I did not exercise so there was no dramatic results but I did feel my skin smoother and feels a little tighter after using Arm Sculpt for a couple of weeks.
Crash Diet RRP AUD$90
- This is a revolutionary intensive 2 week fast acting formula body gel
- Works to deliver quick results (firmer skin) when used as part of a weight loss program
- Recommended to use twice daily for 2 weeks to see instant results by warming up the body through gentle exercise and then massage with repeated upward strokes starting from the feet and moving to the hips, thighs and bum
- My experience: As mentioned previously, I don’t exercise so I take advantage from having a hot bath/shower and massage Crash Diet into my lower limbs and body (including abdomen area) immediately afterwards. I did find my skin feel firmer after 2 consecutive weeks of using this. I did however needed a huge amount of product to thoroughly work all over my body.
Tummy Tuck RRP AUD$130:
- Celebrity fans includes: Katie Holmes, Madonna, Elle Macpherson, Nicole Richie, Kate Hudson
- Comes with stomach flattening micro fibres help slim and visibly tighten the abdominal area by increasing fat burning metabolism and break down stubborn fat cells from the abdominal area
- Has advertised help reduce the waistline by up to two cm within 8 weeks
- This is by far my favourite product out of the lot due to my biggest concern is my tummy (second is my thighs, third my arms, ah the list is endless). I love warming up Tummy Tuck on my tummy by massaging them in circular motion very quickly.
- My experience: Guaranteed firmer tummy and remember to eat less dinner before bed!
Do you use sunscreen everyday? Do you only apply sunscreen to your face and not your body? Why do you use a SPF daily on your face and neglect your body? Doesn’t make sense does it? Your skin being the largest organ throughout the entire body requires adequate protection much like the face. UVA and UVB rays affects and prematurely ages the rest of the skin on your body too not just the face. Especially now that the sun is out and the fact that we are wearing less, it is all the more important to start slapping on those sunscreen.
May I introduce you to one that is lightweight, quick absorbing and also acts as a body lotion. Triple wham!
TIP: If you’re planning on a holiday, do not leave without bringing this with you too! Saves you time from doubling up the sunscreen protection too. Obviously great for daily wear not so great for beach wear, you’ll need SPF 30+ for that and I bet you smart cookie already knew that.
Available in pharmacies now
Comes in 3 NEW luxurious and gentle scrubs:
- Mango & Orange Sugar Scrub
- Honey, Almond & Shea Sugar Scrub
- Cranberry & Pomegranate Sugar Scrub
Star ingredients: Almond oil, honey, amino acids, vitamins, minerals
The sugar scrub is really nourishing to scrub on dry skin. With the natural oil in the sugar scrub I could spread the scrub all over body up and down without having to mix in water or anything.
This Mango & Orange sugar scrub is designed to exfoliate old skin, replenishing and soothing the skin instantly. Don’t forget to massage over the elbows, knees, ankles and dry bits around the body and dollop on a thick layer of body moisturiser (Burt’s Bee also comes with matching body butter at the same price) afterwards.
I love how silky my skin feels after each scrub which scares me to think how often I have neglected scrubbing my body and how much dead skin I have accumulated. So make sure you scrub at least twice a week to maintain baby smooth skin!
Available on Burt’s Bee shelves from October
Cute, quirky, pink packaging, so had to resist! If only it comes with a scoop and it will be perfect as I hate digging into a pot of cream with my finger and getting cream into the under of my nail. Pet hate!
This body moisturising butter is award winning and definitely one of Soap & Glory’s best on offer.
Thick, luxurious texture but once applied it absorbs very quickly.
Smells of bergamot, strawberries and mandarin. The floral and fruity mix with mid notes of musk, amber and warm vanilla is just the right balance of scent a good body moisturiser should have. One that is sweet smell upon close sniff and never too overpowering like a walking sugar cake.
Available in Kit counters
As always, Harajuku Lovers never fail to release the cutest fragrance packaging ever and is all collectors’ dream. The latest to add to the collection is Super G – it comes with super cute heroine packaging.
The fragrance itself is my type of scent big time – a combination of fruity and floral scent. It is very energizing and refreshing, the fruity scent is a clear standout for this one. Definitely a perfume for warmer months ahead and one I will be using heavily come Summer.
Top notes: Pineapple, Tangerine
Mid notes: Freesia, Banana nectar
Base notes: Warm musk, Vanilla, Raspberry
Available in Myer, David Jones, The Perfume Connection and selected pharmacies
Fun, unique and addictive are the words that sprung in my mind when I finally got my paws to trial Foamburst. The experience is akin to spraying shaving gel on my body, definitely a very unique experience. But unlike typical aerosol can, you don’t have to shake this prior to using it. Just a gentle push of a finger and you’ll get a lump of shower gel that transform into foam as soon as you work it on your wet skin.
I’ve tried this with shower brush, shower mitt, shower sponge and shower puff. In my experience, Foamburst is best use with a shower sponge. Simply because it can get very slippery and the shower gel can slide straight down to the drain even before your shower routine begins. If you don’t work the gel on a flat surface to foam it up prior to showering, chances are it might slip away.
All in all, I find the Foamburst experience a fun one, it doesn’t leave my skin strip of moisture or drying and the scent, oh gosh, the scents are refreshing and uplifting. Not to mention it is surprisingly cheap too!
Available in your nearest supermarket now
Why I love it:
- This rich creamy hand cream is infused with the oil of rosa damascena (ah, the scent is lush and indulgent, I heart roses!)
- Star ingredients: Rose Flower oil, Rose Flower Extract, Aloe Vera Juice, Olive Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Vitamin E, Geranium Oil, Clove oil, Passifllora Oil, Lime Flower Extract, Calendula Extract, Vitamin C, Chamomile Extract
- The hand cream keeps hand well moisturised and once applied it feels matte but gives the hand the ‘protected’ feel and layer
- Promises 12 hour of bioactive protection and moisture balance
- Personally, I am addicted to hand creams and reapply each time after wetting my hand. I love how this one absorbs so quickly into my skin without worrying that it might be too greasy hence it easily won the ‘desk hand cream status’
- I was surprised that a product this good is 100% organic, suitable for vegetarians & vegan, against animal testing and is free from paraben, SLS, artificial colours, fragrances or harsh preservatives
- TIP: You can pop some onto dry, rough areas (knee, elbow, feet) as desired too. So handy right?
- FACT: Won Cosmopolitan Beauty Award (UK) for Best Hand Cream
P/s: Dr. Organic body care range is actually a top-selling and award winning range in the UK. They have products from hair care, body wash, moisturising creams, pure oil, deodorant, wipes, lip balms and oral care.
Available now on counters
Why I love it:
- Comes in Rose, Jasmine and the Enriching Body Cream version which is fragrance-free but still delivers the same lock-in moisture ability
- Containing skin loving ingredients like Jojoba oil, Shea, Cocoa butter, Licorice Root, Chamomile, Pansy, Sweet Violet, Calendula, Witch Hazel, Rose Gallica, Carrot oil; this body cream guarantees softer and supple skin and it is best used straight after shower when skin is still damp, this will assist with body cream absorption
- If you’re one of those people who hate the sticky feeling of most body cream leaves, you’ll love how lightweight and hydrating this is. It looks and feels rich once squeezed out of the tube but once messaged it sinks right into the skin and keeps it hydrated much to the Jurlique’s hand cream. If you’re familiar with the hand creams, you’ll love this body cream
- Rich in natural products and leaves skin well hydrated preventing it from drying, what’s there not to love?
RRP AUD$18 (50ml)
RRP AUD$40 (150ml)
Now available at Jurlique counters