A while back I got two of the YSL Glossy Stains after hearing Shizuka raving about it. I got shade #10 and #15 and is obsessed with these baby ever since. Now I am dying to get more and can’t wait to put an order through.
After trying on this “hybrid” foundation, I knew I have to have. Harrods, why you no my shade?
What did I say about I’m a sucker to beauty prodz packaging? Fingers crossed these are out in Paris as we speak so my beloved courier could haul it back for me.
The moment I saw the promotional pictures of Paul and Joe’s latest make up collection I knew this was made for me. I love unicorns!!!
Tina, when you are reading this, I want you to know how impatient I am about this. Frustratingly impatient!
This post is probably long overdue as most of the bloggers have already covered this back in 2010. As the old saying goes, it’s better late than never.
You see blogging can be a lonely hobby (or at least that was how I felt pre-MBBE) and with beauty blogging it can be very different for all beauty bloggers out there. There’s review blogs, haul blogs, swatch blogs, personal-ish blog, Youtube blogs, beauty news flash blogs, how-to blogs and many countless variation of beauty blogs. All equally amazing and all equally deserve a share of recognition for their hard work.
With that being said, here comes the mushy part, 2010 has been a great one, definitely a ‘facelift’ one would say from the already awesome 2009. One of the stand out for me this year definitely has to be sticking through and organised #MBBE. Meeting all the lovely ladies and most importantly sharing a common passion was just a fantastic feeling. Who would of thought ever since the event in October, it has now become almost like a monthly get together and watching all these friendship blooming, I somehow felt like a proud mother. (Cue teary eyes)
Apart from #MBBE, I was also fortunate enough to meet and be inspired by so many iconic people within the beauty industry and was able to conduct interviews with them.
- Gina Brooke
- Ellis Faas
- Napoleon Perdis MasterClass
- Napoleon Perdis
- Carissa Jean
- Rae Morris
- Barney Martin
- Lien Davies
- Kevin James Bennett
- Kalina Fernandez
- Hilary Foote
- Maria Hatzistefanis
- Dr Mark Kohout
- Yasemin Turker
I got featured in a book, interviewed by Beauty Directory and GHD, managed to put down my favourite food and did a cleanse, got a makeup transformation, a hair transformation, tried out dermal filler, tattooed my lash line and got laser hair removal-ed.
Went to numerous fab beauty/salon launches, particularly one in Sydney, attended AFI Awards 2010 and got my makeover right next to celebrities, blogged about non-invasive beauty options, my bad online shopping experiences, a PR guide to beauty bloggers which went on to feature in Social Diary and Beauty Directory, did a Beauty Interview Q&A tag for the first time and started to feature more #positivethinking inspired blog posts and on twitter.
Experienced the amazing Oxygen Infusion Facial , Ominlux and my all time swear by Guinot Hydradermie Facial. Met many of the lovely Sydney bloggers, sat right next to Kirstie Clements in an event, attending AdoreBeauty Forum Event and became great friends with countless lovely beauty bloggers.
In terms of my personal life, 2010 was such a busy and intense year for me, it involved saying good bye for a very long time to my soulmate/bff, missing out on bff’s pregnancy, moving to a new apartment, a damaged limited edition Chanel jumbo handbag, a job promotion and possibly 5kg weight gained through all that stress. I’ve also stopped cooking/baking altogether and probably only had time to read less than three books. Sad I know.
What I’ve learnt in 2010 is to find peace in everything we encounter and in everything we do.Believing in yourself and doing what you’re passionate about is key; trends will come and go, so will haters, copycats and bad luck. Do not ever dwell on negativity or surround yourself with negative people as that will only bring you down.
I am grateful for 2009 and so is for 2010. I know 2011 will be a different one and I’ve already buckled my seat belt for the crazy ride.
Or at the very least, what Melbourne needs:
1) Sephora (MECCA is good and all, but…)
2) Victoria’s Secret Boutique (Not those overpriced lingerie shop that carries a few VS garments)
3) McDonald’s Delivery (If they can deliver pasta, pizza and rice; why not my burger and fries?)
4) 24hr Sushi shop (It is 4am and I am craving sashimi and wasabi)
5) More beauty counters: Cle de Peau, Paul & Joe, Anna Sui, Jill Stuart, etc.
6) In n Out
7) Curly fries made available
8) Smashing Hot dog store
9) Less violence
10) Less bars/pubs/clubs
11) Herve Leger boutique
To be fair, 2008 hasn’t been an agreeable year for me. It was a year full of distress, anguish and disappointments. Had to jump through heaps of unnecessary hoops. Had to overcome quite a few traumatizing events for both me and le garçon.
Let’s recap some of the ups and downs on my blog in 2008:
- I met & talk to Rove Mcmanus. Never felt so dumbfounded ever in my life. Ever.
- I became vegetarian for 4 months. (mess with the idea of being vegan for awhile too.) Lost 5kg and kept it off throughout the rest of the year.
- Cashmere Mafia came and left. Picked up Lipstick Jungle & Gossip Girl and never looked back.
- Sold some junk @ Camberwell Market and then proceed to spend it all on lunch afterwards.
- Officially started one of our many afternoon affairs to come.
- Wrote the bitch a letter that I should have written long time ago.
- Tried this makeup remover, swear by it and will never change to another,
- Did my eye laser surgery and Belle broke her leg around the same time. It was a very miserable time for us.
- Rat infestation anyone?
- Became obsessive with Shaiya.
- Read the most awesome book. You should read it too.
- Burnt my leg and permanently scarred my leg.
- Burnt my body with this stupid cream.
- A bird flew into my window and killed itself.
- Flew a plane.
- Saw Zoe Foster at her book signing.
- Tried BB cream and loved it.
- Compiled a beauty list.
- Started the worst restaurant in Melbourne list.
Overall, it has been a long, stalling year. Despite everything, I am happy tough times are over. I learnt a lot during difficult times and is grateful for the experiences/things I have in life.
For some reason I have been stalling on the idea of making my 09 resolution list. Nevertheless, here it is:
- Eat only when I am hungry. I have been working on this since forever. I am a serial muncher. I eat even when I am full just because someone else is eating.
- Use a full range of skincare product from one brand only. I am a commitment phobic when it comes to skincare products. I almost never purchase a same product twice even if it works for me. That being said, my entire skincare routine is made out of random brands from cleanser to sunscreen. Crazy huh?
- Hold less grudge. You won’t believe how many people are there on my hate list. While I made a resolution; I am not ready to let go just yet.
- Learn something new. We learn different things everyday. 08 I learnt French, this year maybe flying/belly dancing?
- Be more active in cleaning. I am not a messy person; I just loathe cleaning that’s all.
- Be more active. For fitness sake.
- Step out of my comfort zone. 08 I vowed to became vegan for 4 months and I stuck through it. It was difficult refusing almost all the food I am used to but I made it through. I also traveled by myself for 3 weeks did a whole lot of things I have never done in my life. Had a meal in the restaurant by myself for the first time, took a bus by myself for the first time, stayed in a hotel by myself for the first time, tried my first brow tint & Brazilian wax, etc.
- Finish a product before I buy another one. Stop being obsessed with skincare. I have about 10+ jars/pots of moisturizers all barely used sitting on my drawer. I shall finish a product before purchasing anything similar. Victim of marketing anyone?
- Pamper myself. I truly think that I do not pamper myself enough. I am pretty low maintenance come to think of it. I should frequent the salon more often, get more massages, facials, manis/pedis, etc.
- Keep them short. I intend to keep my reviews, blog posts sweet & short. I have in fact started doing this already.
- Learn how to let go. While this sounds similar to the grudge thing going on up there but this is more about the things I cannot bear to part with. Items I keep keeping and they keep piling up.
- Do something about my wardrobe. Or else I will risk not being able to step into mine soon. While I donated bags after bags of clothes in 08; for some reason, my wardrobe is getting out of control. How do people usually manage theirs? I often get lost in mine and don’t even remember what I have in it.
- Be more accepting of others/different things. This is fairly straightforward.
- Build a career. While this is on the last of my list, it does not mean that its not important. I will definitely work on this more than anything else for 09.
Frisky.com has plenty lists to go through, some of them are awesome and some of them are just plain fun and true.
Here is a list of skills women should mastered by 30. While I have some years to go until I hit the big 3.0. I have 14 skills to work on.
The ones that were bold were skills that I am comfortable with. What about you?
1. Hard boil an egg
2. Diplomatically tell Mom to butt-out
3. Ace a job interview
4. Ask a man out
5. Send a thoughtful thank you note
6. Listen to a friend in need
7. Ask for help
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship (romantic or platonic in nature)
9. Beautifully wrap a gift
10. Say “no” gracefully
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her
13. Sew a button
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark
17. Balance her checkbook
18. Create a budget
19. Find the best deal
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise
21. Read a map
22. Hail a cab
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it
24. Apologize when she’s wrong
25. Dress for her body type
26. Change a flat (or know whom to call to come change it)
27. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend…)
28. Feign interest
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill
30. Hold a baby (Hey, someone you know is bound to have one sooner or later)
Guess I need to work on the budget, the map, tipping and holding a baby for god damn’s sake.
It is that time of the year again. That’s right my birthday is coming up in a month’s time and each year I will shamelessly post up some stuff that I would want everyone to buy for me. So here goes to 2008.
Since I was a kid we were told about the 7 wonders in the world. All of them are beyond recognition (I’ve only seen drawn pictures of them) by nature disasters like earthquakes; except for the Great Pyramid of Giza that still stands proudly still today.
When the New 7 wonders of the world was announced on 07.07.07 in Lisbon I was so excited. I have been voting for Great wall of China and true to its legendary status it was listed onto the new list.
In no particular order:
Great Wall of China, China
Taj Mahal, Agra, India
The Pyramid of Chichen Itze, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Roman Colosseum, Rome, Italy
Christ Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Now I can tell my kids and myself, 7 Wonders of the World do exist and it is no longer a legendary myth like the previous ones.
1 down, 6 more to go.