Say hello to ghd’s latest limited edition IV Gloss Collection featuring glossy finish straightener that comes in either sexy black or red.
As always, the new ghd collection retains both top quality and functionality that makes every single penny worth spent on these babies. Expect nothing but the best from ghd:
- Universal voltage (rejoice frequent travellers!)
- Advanced ceramic heater for static free sheen
- Curved barrels to help with the curling and straightening of the hair (I only use ghd to curl my hair, the curved barrels help to avoid kinks)
- Sleep mode – switches off in 30 minutes when not in use (Great if you are forgetful)
- Advanced temperature control (To avoid burning of the hair)
- Matching coloured storing box
- 2 year product guarantee
Is this any different to my trusty old ghd from circa 2007? Well, the answer is yes and no. Apart from the packaging getting a sleeker finish/design, the overall look and length of ghd is pretty much the same. To me the real difference is at the temperature control, whilst you still can’t mess around with the temperature with the new ghd Black Gloss IV Styler the temperature seems to be alot less OTT scaling hot. Curls are still easy enough to create and the ceramic plates glides onto my hair a lot smoother (less tugging and kinks) and with the swivel cord, creating curls are almost effortless!
Stockist – 1300 880 209
Available from approved ghd salons nationally
ghd recently launched their first ever advanced ionic technology hair dryer. Say hello to ghd air, a new addition to complement their cult hair straighteners range. As with ghd’s signature colour, this hair dryer comes in classic matte black in a sturdy black box. Here are some of the close ups of ghd air.
Comes with two concentrated nozzles and the prettiest design at the back of the hair dryer. ghd air also comes with 3m power cord.
Professional strength 2,100 Watt AC motor at 240v, ergonomic design for right & left handed users (rejoice left handed peeps!).
Variable power & temperature controls, including cool button to set hair styles.
My experience with ghd air:
- When I first received this, many people were interested to know how did this fare with Parlux hair dryer so my review will be based on my pass experience with Parlux.
- I find ghd air to be heaps lighter and compact as compare to Parlux, making it great for packing, storing it away or for travelling.
- ghd air also looks and feels more solid to hold on to without the cheap plastic feel that so many hair dryer can feel like
- The 3m cord is a blessing for me because I love my hair tools with extra long cords for convenient purpose.
- In terms of drying, ghd dries my hair really quickly and the finish does look significantly smoother (less frizz) and doesn’t dry my hair out. Most importantly, I like the solid feel of this hair dryer, how compact + lightweight it is, speedy drying time and smooth and soft finish!
Available online and in salons now
For a limited time, the ghd Gold Classic styler will be transformed with an iridescent injection of jewel colours. Think sapphire blue, amethyst purple and emerald green.You don’t have to ask my personal favourite is amethyst purple!
Each of this styler will function exactly like the ghd Gold Classic styler and it comes with matching plates, accents and power indicator light. On top of that you’ll get a protective plate guard too.
ghd Peacock Collection retails for AUD$279 each and is available from approved ghd salons or online now.
Couple of months ago, ghd Style (new website to boot!) released their hair products with new packaging. This time the packaging is sleeker than before and they matches their iconic black and gold hair straighteners.
- Root Lift Spray (on wet hair – instant lift combined with blow dry)
- Heat Protect Spray (a must before all heat styling)
- Final Shine Spray (my chemically dyed hair often requires some sort of shine spray post heat styling to fake the ‘healthy’ look)
Remember how I wanted the hot pink GHD set for my birthday?
This Christmas I received more presents than I had expected. I am not going to name them all here but the highlight among the lot was the GHD Christmas gift box set from the Man. It was also a surprise gift; imagine my surprise when I unwrapped the present !!
When you open the box it looks like this:
- GHD IV styler
- Metallic heat proof clutch bag for storing the GHD
- Metallic coin purse
- GHD diamante encrusted compact mirror complete with magnifier
- GHD creation spray
- GHD thermal protector
- and a DVD
I absolutely loved the metallic gold concept. It puts the hot pink tacky in comparison.
Now I have no excuse to have bad hair day anymore. I was spoil rotten for Christmas because this was just one of the few gifts the Man had in store for me.
At the moment I am broke. (Ah Gei, yes me broke like you.) But at the same time, I have a list of things that I probably can do without but must get it anyway.
Apparently, $30 of the sale goes to charity.
Estee Lauder Professional Pure Color Lipstick Set
Because I am addicted to their lippie.
Comes complete with a bunch of classy timeless hues.
And who can resist their classic gold packagings?