How cute is this facial cloth mask tester?
I love facial cloth masks (FCM), have blogged about it, preached it and have actively promote it for as long as they have existed. Not many skincare brands carry them here in Australia but it is all the craze in SE Asia. Needless to say, it is incorporated in everyone’s skincare routine over there. FCM is not an optional skincare treat, it IS a skincare routine step some use it daily (I use them 30 days straight, every other month), couple of times a week to weekly.
Recently, I’ve discovered a new FCM brand that is made in Taiwan home of famous My Beauty Diary FCMs. Say hello to – L’Herboflore.
Luxury skincare with consumer friendly price / Made in Taiwan / Influenced by French la mode and facon.
I first got to trial some of these FCM late last year when Tina sent me some to trial from Taiwan. Earlier this year, I was fortunate to attend their press event in Taipei and gosh was it OTT and by far one of the best beauty event I’ve attended to date. I am not one to usually blog about events but one that is planned, prepared to this in details, it’s worth a post on its own.
Look at some of the spread! All in bite size!
Details, details, details!!
Look at the display!
Felt like I stepped into my dream beauty room!
I just love all the floral display and the testers, they were so cute!
The stage and lightings in itself is magnificent.
Everything was catered to the finest details – ballerina, checked, magician, checked, confetti checked, celebrity, checked. Having said that, my opinion of these masked are not affected by Tina or the press event that I’ve attended.
On first look, these mask packaging looks way bigger than your usual FCM packaging, these sizes are usually reserved for luxurious FCM and guess what? This is the standard size for L’Herboflore’s.
L’Herboflore carries a variety of FCM range that looks after all type of skin concerns from moisturising, brightening, lifting, anti-ageing, radiance boosting, soothing, repairing, firming, the list is endless. With FCM it is as much result driven as well as sensory experience. L’Herboflore focuses on Japanese FCM technology in terms of high quality masks and the cut of masks (most of them have 12 cuts to tailor fit all types of face shapes).
Apart from the quality of mask, the cuts that fits my face effortlessly, I also love how much serums there are in each mask some up to 30ml!!; more than your typical SKII and SKII are notorious for leaving behind heaps of essence. Overall, I can’t claim that every single mask is amazing but the ones I have tried (which I will drop comments below), I love them and they leave my skin refreshed, smoother and my favourite has to be the Biocellulose mask – my skin looks a good 2-3 shades lighter each time I use this!
Here is the full list of collection as point of writing, I am sure this collection will continue to grow:
- Garden of Venus – Flora: Orchid, Rose, Camellia, Cherry Blossom, Lotus, Immortelle NT$50/pc [approx AUD$1.66]
- Garden of Venus – Fruits: Apple C, Strawberry, Lychee, Pear Crystal, Watermelon, Grape, Mango NT$50/pc [approx AUD$1.66]
- Clinical – Biocellulose: Hyaluronic Acid (My favourite out of the range due to its active ingredient content, best for anti-ageing, brightening and anti-acne) NT$250/pc [approx AUD$8.33]
- Clinical – 3D: Tranexamic Acid + Truffle, Hyalupeptide (Great for lifting, these are the ones where you loop through your ear to prevent the mask from falling off your face) NT$100/pc [approx AUD$3.33]
- Aegean Sea: Chlorella, Deep Sea, Black Pearl, Marine Collagen NT$50/pc [approx AUD$1.66]
- Party Sweety: Sweety Strawberry, Sweety Cocoa, Sweety Black Tea NT$50/pc [approx AUD$1.66]
- Aromatherapy: Lavender, Palmarosa NT$80/pc [approx AUD$2.66]
- Royal Countess: Royal Pearl, Royal Bird’s Nest NT$260/pc [approx AUD$8.66]
These mask are now right up there with my existing favourites, SKII and Beautymate.
L’Herboflore is available on counter in Taipei 101 and a new counter is opening in Xin Guang San Yue A11 (新光三越)
Alternatively, if you want to get your paws on these mask perhaps be extra nice to @tinnipoo and she might take on your order and post them to you.
Isn’t it amazing the giveaways won’t stop coming for ponikuta.com? Remember how I said I have missed my blog anniversary giveaway due to my holidays earlier this year. Since returning from my holiday, I’ve been working extra hard to ensure everyone gets to win something! This time around I have TEN, yes 10 x Uriage skincare packs. Each packs contains 1 x 50ml Uriage Thermal Water Spray and 1 x 40ml Aquaprecis Mask. Both of which products are highly recommended by me as you know how much I love my French skincare.
How to win it:
Step 1: “Like” Uriage Facebook page.
Step 2: Copy and paste the line below to comment on Uriage Facebook page so I can track that you came from this blog.
I am commenting to enter Ponikuta.com’s Uriage packs giveaway.
- Competition ends 5:00 pm AEDST on 22 August, 2012
- Winner will be contacted via Facebook, be sure to check your Facebook message and settings so I can send you messages via Facebook.
- Competition is only open to Australia residing readers only
- Each user can only send through their entry once, failing to do so entries won’t be qualified for the competition
For glowy healthy skin and make up to last, here are some of the trialled and tested handy tips that has worked for me and helped me overcome skin issues. Hopefully you’ll find it useful during this silly season.
1) Wear a primer
One for the face and one for the eyes. Especially if you have oily eyelids NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is god sent. Whatever you do, don’t put silicon based primer on your eye lids or else even the toughest long wearing shadows won’t be able to stay in place.
Other primer recommendations include - Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Primer $45, Napoleon Perdis Autopilot Pre Foundation Skin Primer $55, Face of Australia Face Base Primer $11.95, NP Set – Pre Foundation Brightening Primer/Calming Primer $33 each
2) Use mask regularly
5 years ago, I banged on about my obsession with facial masks. 5 years later, I still do and commit time and effort to do at the very least two facial mask sessions a week. Be it cream, gel, facial cloth, clay variation I make sure I do masks according to my skin’s need.
Facial masks that I recommend – Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask (for boosting), Rodial Snake Mask $85 (for tightening), Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Intense Moisture Filling Mask $95 (for moisture), Jan Marini Skin Zyme Mask (for brightening)
3) Use lash strengthening products
With sparse eyelashes like mine and daily abuse (curling, mascara, make up removal), I find my lashes fall out faster than they can replenish that was until I met lash boosting products. These products not only work for lashes so if you have brow sparseness you can use it too. It helps to prevent lash prematurely breakage and to keep lashes healthy, strong and boosts the length.
4) Never neglect eye cream
It worked for me and I firmly believe eye cream works. With new technologies, eye cream helps to de-puff, tightens, reduce dark eye circles and plump up the eye area.
Try: Garnier Skin Naturals Caffeine Eye Roll-On $17.95, Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator $95, AUM Anti Age Organics Firming Eye Cream $26.95, StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles $69
5) Arm yourself with make up spray
Think of it as your “hairspray” for your face. Helps to lock in moisture, make up and to help blend everything together. Usually just spray 2-4 pumps all over face after make up is done and gently pat everything in place and viola, long lasting makeup all day!
Every night, I have a cleansing ritual that I do. I am a firm believer of going to bed cleansed, hair free from styling products, face free from makeup/dirt and body free from sweat, grime and whatnot accumulated during the day.
I have been doing this for quite a while now but have never thought of it much until I was in the shower the other day wondering if other girls would do this too. So what I have been doing is to apply a thick layer of mask all over my face and neck after cleansing my makeup off or first thing in the morning depending on when you have your shower. Make sure the mask is creamy/thick moisturising kind that is great for anti-aging, skin booster type of mask. Then, I’ll follow on with a thorough dry body brushing before jumping into the shower.
While in the shower try to avoid water going onto the face, so I’d wash my hair and body and rinse everything off including the mask as a final step. The great thing is not only will you have showered but you’ve essentially done a face mask at the same time.
Thank me later for the awesome tip, now you too can have awesome looking skin without having to set time aside to actually do one.
Great products for “shower mask” are:
Why I love it:
- This intense moisturising mask is dual action, meaning it works on both moisturisation level of your skin AND brightens dull skin. Score!
- Designed to boost luminosity and intensely hydrate skin to restore radiance (exactly what I need for these cold and miserable days)
- You’ll be pleased to know that it is suitable for all skin time even for those acne prone (all the more you need moisture to heal scarring and the brightening!) and is 100% fragrance free
- The texture is creamy and doesn’t dry on the skin making it uncomfortable, so there’s no fear of leaving it on the skin over the recommended 5-10 minutes
- Results: Skin looks clearer, softer and instantly plumped. I love leaving a thick layer on my skin in the morning prior a big day (may or may not be listening to Slim Thug’s Like a Boss), make up goes on like a dream after this!
Here’s the compulsory mask shot!
RM175 / Roughly AUD$ 50
This product is not available in Australia naturally, so try Sasa or a overseas traveling friend!
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being awesome), these The Face Shop’s Salon Effect Collagen masks probably scored 1 or less.
- First of all, it was extremely difficult to mix/stir the powder with the warm water. The powder just simple refuse to dissolve and everything started to stick together in big globs.
- It was extremely messy to apply even with a mask brush. Imagine dripping, uneven application.
- They both dries out onto the face and were meant to peel it off. However 45 minutes upon application, it was near impossible to peel it off as the application was uneven. I ended up rub washing it off with warm water.
- Horror of the horror, my forehead (usually less sensitive part), my chin, nose and cheeks were flaring up bright tomato red. While I did not feel any pain or burning sensation; my face was certainly reacting to the mask, albeit a bad way.
- The mask did nothing to improve my skin texture, definitely wasn’t any smoother or visibly radiant like how the skin usually react after a good mask.
Lucky thing is that, these mask were cheap and the flaring died down over night. Have seen been using these mask on my leg/feet and arm instead.
Like shoes and lipsticks, a girl can never stick to just one mask. In my beauty cabinet, I have whitening mask, age-defying mask, firming mask, exfoliating mask, toning mask, moisturizing mask and of course, purifying mask. I have been using this purifying mask for years. By that I meant five. I love how this mask smells awesomely aromatic in a good way. Smells very much like plants, flowers and all things green.
Reasons why I choose this particular mask?
- It is gentle enough for my weekly combination skin treatment and it is relatively easy to apply and remove as it is rich cream based.
- It does not dry out onto my skin, no cracking and no more I-can’t-talk-because-I-have-mask-on awkward uncomfortable moment.
- It purifies, calm, balances, moisturizes my skin just like it claimed.
- I sometimes double it as an instant beauty booster treatment. Slabbed plenty onto the face and tissue it off. It helps to revitalize tired skin and my skin appears to be softer and replenished.
- Packed with aromatic benefits of essential oils and the beauty treatment properties of plant extracts.
Need I say more how wonderful this product is?