Woah, where did time go? The last time I did a post on top picks was back in December 2012 and now we are almost half way through 2013! Having said that, let’s play some catch up for 2013 top picks – 1st quarter edition.
1) Lunasol Cheek Brush N - A blush that picks up colour and blends effortlessly is my type of blush.
2) Jill Stuart Gel Eyeliner in #01 Black Cat - The blackest gel eyeliner one can find, the pretty packaging doesn’t hurt either.
3) Chanel Le Blanc Light Mastering Whitening Compact Foundation SPF 25 - I haven’t been the biggest fan of powder foundation until I met Chanel. Cheesy but true.
4) Estee Lauder Pure Color Violet Underground Fall 2012 + Q&A with Tom Pecheux- Another winning palette from Estee Lauder. I find pinks on eyeshadow is a very feminine colour and I love it.
1) Creme De La Mer The Lip Balm - Soft and baby smooth lips minus the balmy grease. Perfect as a lip base.
2) L’Herboflore Facial Cloth Masks - HG Facial cloth mask!
3) Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Serum + Willow for Dermalogica - One of the most exciting launch in 2013, a powerful serum that also doesn’t leave skin oily.
4) RMK Cleansing Balm - Love a good cleansing balm and they will always have a soft spot in my heart. Apart from Clinique’s Take the Day off Balm, this is the only other balm that I love.
5) Chanel Masque Déstressant Pureté Purifying Cream Mask - For someone who has congestion prone skin, this was heaven sent and now I faithfully use this on a weekly basis to keep skin clear.
6) Kosmea Moisturising Lotion SPF 30+ - If you find most sunscreen that leaves your skin with a white cast annoying? You’ll never have that problem with this.
1) Sally Hansen Nails Prep - This nail care routine is my current holy grail routine.
2) YSL La Laque Couture in #11 Rose Futuriste & #14 Violine Surrealiste - Purple and hot pink, the universal shades that look good on every girl’s digits.
3) Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in #569 Emprise - A classic beige that doesn’t look washed out on my skin.
4) Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Part 1- Creamy, amazing colour choices to pick from and a smooth chip free finish for up to a week!
1) How to Create Your Ultimate Brow Shape At Home by Lien Davies - Finally, an ebook worth spending your pennies on. Lien aka my go-to brow guru aka the person who changed my outlook in make up and brows – definitely a must have if you are not lucky enough to be based in Sydney to visit Lien.
2) Liposonix Review Part 1 – Liposonix 101 - Within 4 weeks, I could see VISIBLE results, can’t wait to share my 12th week results.
3) Kerastase Cristalliste Shampoo & Conditioner - Finally a shampoo and conditioner combo great for fine hair and the pick packaging stands out in the shower.
4) Aurora Spa Kerstin Florian Signature Active AHA Results Facial - Despite the mini hick up, I would actually recommend going here for a good old facial.
1) RMK Sprinkling Eyes Eyeshadow Quads in #01 Brown - My current HG eyeshadow palette, very flattering to Asian skin tone.
2) Dior Vernis #579 Plaza - Another HG quality nail polish shade. How can one resist Barbie pink?
3) Bosisto’s Lavender Oil - Still loving and using this at home especially on Belle’s dog beds.
4) SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream - Recently I have started to battle the first signs of ageing after years of abusing my eyes with contact lens, fake eye lashes, heavy eye make up and now I am finally paying the price for it.
5) Burberry Make up Haul – Luminous Compact Foundation, Light Glow Natural Blush & Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick - Apart from luxurious Japanese make up brands, I believe I have found my latest beauty brand love. It’s Burberry and so far their blushes, foundations, lipsticks and eyeshadows DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!
#1 Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish - Wanna DIY your nails looking pro? You will love this foolproof formula.
#2 Lunasol Petal Pure Eyes #02 Clear Pink - I love my sheer to medium pigmented eyeshadows. They go perfectly with my daily liquid eyeliner application.
#3 Facial Enhancement: Cheek Filler, Chin Filler, Lip Filler + Botox by Erase Clinic - Best decision made in my life!
#4 Medik8 Growth Factor Youth Activating Serum with Triple-Filtered EGF - The latest trend in beauty, EGF skincare everything!
#5 Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - One of the best BB cream I have tried launched in Australia hands down by far.
#6 RMK 15th Anniversary Cheek Palette #01 Pink Coral - A blush that was too pretty to be used and I used it.
#7 La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream - La Mer Soft Cream is perfect for those with oily combination skin like I do.
#8 Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation - My current HG powder foundation.
#9 RMK Make Up Base & Liquid Foundation #202 - If you have dry skin, this is the perfect make up base + foundation combo from RMK.
Special shoutout to my MBBE sisters this month - For my MBBE sisters.
1) Bobbi Brown Bronzer/Blush Duo - Easy breezy compact 2 in 1 blush/bronzer duo, perfect for a swipe of colours on the cheeks and to contour.
2) Rachel K Mineral CC Cream - My first experience with CC cream and this matches my skin perfectly, I think I am a convert.
3) Dermalogica Age Smart Skinperfect Primer - One of the best primer in the market. Definitely worth checking out and I promise you won’t regret this!
4) Sodashi Natural Skincare - Your equivalent of La Mer to natural organic skincare. Luxurious, skin loving and environmental friendly with proven results. What’s not to love?
5) Combating fine lines, puffiness and dark eye circles - Kerstin Florian Correcting Brightening Eye Creme is definitely an eye cream you WANT in your routine if under eye pigmentation is an issue.
6) shu uemura The Perfect Trio for Perfect Skin - Have you heard about shu uemura’s the perfect trio for perfect skin routine? Maybe you should!
7) Illamasqua Generation Q swatches - Illamasqua recently launched the new Generation Q and you have to experience the new collection – amazing eye shadow palette, great lip gloss and nail polish you will want to include in your nail polish collection!
1) Dermaviduals Hyaluronic Acid Liposomes Plus – Hydrating and keeping skin in optimal smoothness level.
2) RMK Super Basic Concealer Pact – Conceals where needs to be conceal and the formula is very creamy to apply.
3) Lancome Liner Plume – Easy to draw, shade is of blackest black and really long lasting.
4) Estee Lauder Sumptuous Two Tone Eye Opening Mascara – Finally a mascara that caters to both top and bottom lashes.
5) Sisley Nutritive Lip Balm – Best lip balm for overnight moisturisation.
6) Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L’Exuberante - One of the best lipstick formula I have trialled. Vibrant, matte-ish and is perfect for day to night wear.
7) Uriage Bariederm Soothing Repair Barrier Lip Balm – A beauty blogger must have for ease of lip swatching as well as everyday lip protection.
Ps, Special shout out to Jam & Cream for reopening! Gotta love freshly baked scones.
1) Vera Wang Princess – Sweet, girly and comes in a too-good-to-resist bottle.
2) Clinique Superbalanced Makeup – Smooth, hydrating and comes in medium coverage.
3) Great Lengthes Multisonic Hair Extension – No doubt the best hair extension available in town and is worth every single penny for it.
4) Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Re-Creation Face Creme & Night Serum – Nourishes and treats skin like no other during winter.
5) Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make up – I took this with me on my holiday. Love the coverage and its versatility of withstanding both Malaysia and Paris weather.
6) Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow SPF 25 - Used this in my photoshoot and received heaps of compliments on it. Also love its pump bottle packaging.
7) Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows - I used up this one in record time. Love it through and through.
8) Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayons - Some say this is chubby stick copy cat, I say it’s too true and only costs a friction of the price.
9) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact SPF 15/PA++ – Another cream foundation that delivers hydration and coverage minus the cakey-ness and delivers real skin coverage.
#1 Remington Salon Pro Keratin Therapy Tong – Perfect timeless wavey curls each and every time with this tong.
#2 Garnier Hand Intensive 7 Days Protecting Hand Cream – Effective and value for money with the amount you get.
#3 Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod - Refreshing and great for time of the month to de-bloat.
#5 Bioderma Crealine H20 – They don’t call this the miracle cleansing water for nothing. Great for even the most sensitive skin.
#6 Sisley Phyto Blanc Intensive Lightening Serum – Haven’t seen such great results from a brightening serum in a loooong while.
#7 Tom Ford Nail Lacquer Spring 2012 – Designer luxe + beauty = cult must haves!
Notable mention, I LOVE Clara H Nails from Tsumiki Design.
#1 Tsumiki Design - A gem in Melbourne for their excellent hair and nail services.
#2 Skinceuticals CE Ferulic – Skinceuticals never fails, always delivers what it promises.
#3 BYS Brow & Eye Pencil – Best budget find of 2012.
#4 Laduree Pressed Cheek Color – Pretty and very pigmented,love this blush!
#5 GHD air – Best at home dryer so far, so lightweight and quick to dry.
#6 Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense – One of the best eye liner to date. Creamy, pigmented and goes on effortlessly without smudging.
#7 Darling Nail Polish – Gorgeous nail colour collection!
#8 Face of Australia Barbados Collection – MBBE represent/collab. Definitely a very proud moment.