Couple of weeks ago, I was invited to attend a beauty blogger launch at Tsumiki Design hair salon in Prahran. Little did I know that so many of my gorgeous friends already go to this Japanese hair salon for years to boot; when I received the invitation I knew I had to give it a go.
While I have previously raved and praised about my loyalty to this particular hair dresser of 7 years in another hair salon; I did had a panic attack/meltdown when she went overseas for her wedding and honeymoon end of last year. I had a couple big events (ABBW, MBBE and Christmas season) and had no one else to turn to. As a result, someone else did my hair and it took three dyeing jobs to get it back to normal. Lesson learnt – you will always need back up regardless of how awesome your hair dresser is.
Anyway, back to Tsumiki Design – it is a discreet boutique Japanese hair salon specialises in recreating Japanese hair style and nail art by Clara H. To me, it is all the small things that count when visiting a hair salon. I was offered drinks/mags at the beginning of my appointment and all throughout the appointment because so many hair salons often forget about you once you’re settled in.
With Taka the owner and hair director of Tsumiki Design, my hair was trimmed & style by him in this picture too
Unique services that Tsumiki Design provides:
- Yuko System treatments (AUD$250 – $300) and is currently only available to Tsumiki Design in Australia
- Head spa & scalp cleansing services (this is very important if you have sensitive or problematic scalp)
- Notorious for their amazing ability to transform Japanese hairstyles like Vivi, JJ, Cancan, Sweet magazine (complete with updated magazines to boot, watch out for salons that claim they can do these hair styles but do not update their magazines!)
- Unique personalised mix hair colour shampoo & conditioner (3 steps, roughly AUD$70-$80) from Color Pact to keep hair colour looking fresh longer and prevent colour fading
- Best nail art service in town by Clara H!
Some of the products we get to bring home with from the beauty blogger event
Key products used in salon and is available in store:
- L’Oreal Professional Super Dust (in collaboration with Lady Gaga’s stylist – I am about to review this product soon)
- Pure Pact Organic Shampoo & Conditioner
- Shiseido Shampoo & Conditioner
- L’Oreal Mystic Oil
My personal experience at Tsumiki Design hair salon and I am very nitpick with hair salons:
- Friendly and courteous service – tick
- Comfortable and luxe décor – tick
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff – tick
- Skillful staff that does everything swiftly and diligently – tick
- Up to date with trends and technology (ipads) – tick
- Head massage while getting my hair washed – tick
- Warm towel under my neck to ensure –tick
- Attention to details – tick
Couple of weeks later, I went back to have my hair colour did. This is the before picture. I’ve had light coloured hair for majority of the past 2-3 years now, time for a change I’d say.
This is the after picture. I got so many compliments with this ‘winter’ colour and it is a very unique brown/gold shade.See how smooth my hair was even though I had bleach and dye? That is all thanks to the repairing Yuko System hair treatment that I’ve done.
Here is another shot, I am in love with this colour.
Special thanks to triceangle for the catering, food was so yum!
tue – thur: 11am – 6pm
fri: 11am – 7pm
sat: 9am – 7pm
sun – mon: close
A: 1st floor/ 155 Greville St, Prahran VIC
T: 03 9510 5520
View the Melbourne Beauty Bloggers Event at Tsumiki Design in the video below.
- Clara Nails x Tsumiki Design (ponikuta.com)